Kathy Barbour, APR, Elected to Lead Public Relations Society of America in 2015
PRSA’s Leadership Assembly voted at its meeting on Oct. 26, 2013, to elect Kathy Barbour, APR, corporate director, public relations and marketing, Baptist Health South Florida, chair of the Society for 2015. In 2014, Barbour will serve as PRSA’s chair-elect on the national Board of Directors.
The Leadership Assembly, a group of more than 300 delegates representing PRSA’s Districts, Chapters, Sections and student society, voted to ratify the PRSA Nominating Committee’s selection of Barbour to lead the organization beginning Jan. 1, 2015. Also, a number of other candidates selected by the Nominating Committee were elected to the PRSA Board of Directors for two-year terms beginning in 2014.
Read the full press release.
The new board members are:
- Secretary: Blake D. Lewis, III, APR, Fellow PRSA, principal and senior consultant, Lewis Public Relations, Dallas, Texas; and
- Treasurer: Mark W. McClennan, APR, senior vice president, Schwartz MSL, Waltham, Mass.
- Director, Midwest District: Brian N. Lee, APR, president, Revelation PR, Advertising & Social Media, Madison, Wis.;
- Director, North Pacific District: Ronele M. Dotson, APR, president, RKPR Inc., Reno, Nev.; and
- Director, Sunshine District: Bonnie P. Upright, APR, development director/principal, The Boselli Foundation/Upright Public Relations, LLC, Orange Park, Fla.
Directors at Large
- Kathleen Donohue Rennie, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, assistant professor/partner, Seton Hall University/The McGraw Group, Union, N.J.;
- Tracy A. Schario, APR, communications officer, The Pew Charitable Trusts, White Stone, Va.; and
- Deborah A. Silverman, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, associate professor of communication, SUNY Buffalo State, Buffalo, N.Y.
They join current Board of Directors members returning for 2014, including:
- Chair: Joseph E. Cohen, APR, senior vice president, MWW; and
- Immediate-Past Chair: Mickey G. Nall, APR, Fellow PRSA, managing director, Ogilvy Public Relations, Atlanta
- Director, East Central District: Sonja Popp-Stahly, APR, communications manager, Lilly Bio-Medicines, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis;
- Director, Mid-Atlantic District: Felicia Walker Blow, APR, vice president for institutional advancement, Paul D. Camp Community College, Franklin, Va.;
- Director, Tri-State District: Anita Ford Saunders, APR, manager, communications,Yankee Gas, Berlin, Conn.; and
- Director, Western District: Marisa Vallbona, APR, Fellow PRSA, president, CIM Incorporated, San Diego.
Directors at Large
- Kelly Davis, APR, president and CEO, Davis Public Relations Marketing, LLC, Columbia, S.C.; and
- Susan Walton, APR, vice president for university and public affairs, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D.