2009 Counselors Academy Spring Conference: Your Business Matters! Maximizing Profits, People and Potential.
Thank you to the 2009 Counselors Academy Conference speakers for sharing their expertise. Counselors Academy members must be logged into MyPRSA to access presentations from last year's conference featured below. If you're not a Counselors Academy member but attended the conference, please contact Carolyn Marr for the link to the presentations.
- “Behavior in the Workplace: Why People Click or Conflict — and What to Do About It” — Pamela Gilchrist, APR, CEO, PR~Link
- “Communications and Leadership Imperatives for Success in a Warp Speed World” — Donald P. Kirchoffner, senior communications consultant, Don Kirchoffner & Associates
- “How to Improve and Measure Your Level of Client Satisfaction” — Robert Merritt, senior vice president, CKPR
- “Values & Ethics Management: An Emerging Growth Area for Counselors” — Davis Young, APR, Fellow PRSA, senior facilitator, Meeker-Young LLC
- “Winning Over the Executive Suite: A Practical Guide to Starting Social Media Campaigns” — Mark W. McClennan, APR, vice president, Schwartz Communications
- “Promote and Prosper!” — Linda Andross, executive vice president, APEX Public Relations Inc.
- “Digital Strategies for Powerful Corporate Communications” — Courtney Barnes, editor, PR News (Second handout)
- “You Deserve a Big Piece of the Advertising Budget” — Gary Getto, vice president, integrated media intelligence, VMS
- “Creating Your Own Financial Dashboard” — Shanny Morgenstern, chief operating officer, Morningstar Communications
- “Agency Leadership: What Separates the Great From the Ordinary” — George A. Rosenberg, APR, principal, The Rosenberg Group Inc.
- “Managing for Results and Profits in Good Times and Bad” — Tom Gable, APR, Fellow PRSA
- “Outrageous Trust” — Roy Reid Jr., APR, principal/partner, Consensus Communications
- “Shaping the Integrated Pitch: How to Keep Advertising and Marketing Disciplines From Limiting Public Relations Potential at the New Business Table” — Monty Hagler, APR, president, RLF Communications. and Gary Towning, co-founder, NewCamp Digital
- “Managing Three Generations: Transforming Generational Differences Into Profitable Success” — Gwinavere Johnston, APR, Fellow PRSA, founder and CEO, JohnstonWells Public Relations. and GG Johnston, president and COO, JohnstonWells Public Relations
- “Creating a Health Index for Your Firm” — Janet Tyler, APR, president, Airfoil Public Relations
- “Going Global: Your Passport for Success” — Scott Farrell, president, global corporate communications, GolinHarris
- “Talk to Me: Translating PR Results Into the Language of Business” — Diane Thieke, marketing director, Dow Jones & Co.
Tuesday Breakfast With the SAGEs
- Survey Results — presented by Tom Gable, APR, Fellow PRSA (moderator); Thomas Amberg, APR, Fellow PRSA; Steve Cody; Gwinavere A. Johnston, APR, Fellow PRSA; and Eric Morgenstern, APR, Fellow PRSA
- “Negotiating the Best Agency Agreements With Your Clients” — Michael C. Lasky, partner/co-chair, litigation; chair, public relations, Davis & Gilbert LLP
- “Building Relationships That Grow Your Business” — Sally Williamson, president, Sally Williamson & Associates
- “Driving Profit With Fewer Clients” — Bret Werner, managing partner, Catalyst Public Relations
- “You Can’t Always Pick Your Team, But You Can Still Win” — Vic Beck, director of communication planning, S4 Inc, Boston
- “Mergers & Acquisitions — Yes, an Exit Strategy But Also a Growth Opportunity” — Brad Schwartzberg, partner/co-chair, corporate, Davis & Gilbert LLP, and Mark Eber, partner & COO, IMRE