Thank you to the 2011 Health Academy Pre-Conference speakers for sharing their expertise.
Health Academy members must be logged into MyPRSA to access presentations. If you're not a Health Academy member but attended the conference, please contact Carolyn Marr for the link to the presentations
1–2 p.m., "What’s Happening in Congress on Health Care Reform?"
- Welcome/Introduction: Sarah Dash, health care legislative assistant to Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-WV
- Kavita Patel, MD, MS, managing director, clinical transformation and delivery reform and fellow, economic studies,
2–3 p.m., "The Public and ACA: Views, Experiences, and Knowledge"
- Claudia Deane, associate director, public opinion and survey research, Kaiser Family Foundation
3:15–4 p.m., "The Digital Media’s Impact on Shaping Policy"
4–5 p.m., "PR Lessons from Stakeholder Communities"
- Robert Zirkelbach, press secretary, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Cynthia Stapp, director, public relations, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Stacey Brown, vice president, corporate communications, Premier Healthcare Alliance
- Moderator: Nancy Hughes, assistant vice president, communications and marketing, National Health Council