Discover the Best of Philadelphia:
Live Music and Shopping
- Live Music: Philadelphia has some great music venues. Chris’ Jazz Café is Philly’s premier jazz venue, located just off the Avenue of the Arts. Tin Angel in Old City features nationally touring singer-songwriters, acoustic rock bands and folk performers in an intimate setting. Fergie’s Pub in the Midtown Village neighborhood is a classic Irish bar with a stage on the second floor; Monday is sometimes open mic night. TIME has an upstairs and downstairs venue, providing a mix of mellow and upbeat music. Schedules for the venues change continuously, so check out their websites to see what’s playing each night.
- Check out Philly’s best boutiques and independent shops: From boutique grocery stores to vintage and antique shops, Philadelphia has some of the finest independently-owned stores.
- Center City: Open House (107 S. 13th St.) stocks everything from housewares and kitchen items, to candles and accessories. Rittenhouse Row’s Joan Shepp (1616 Walnut St.) is a staple in Philadelphia, offering labels like Marni, Opening Ceremony and Givenchy. For the eco-conscious, SA VA (1700 Sansom St.) uses fair-trade, eco-friendly materials to create its line of women’s apparel.
- Historic Antique Row: Stroll down Pine Street between 9th and Broad Streets for charming vintage shops filled with antiques and collectibles. Stop by Blendo, Past & Present for vintage furniture, jewelry and ceramics. Visit The Crystal Cage for artisan designed jewelry, handbags and accessories. Also stop by M. Finkel & Daughter for unique, handcrafted needlework.
- Get Your Shopping Fix in Philly’s Historic Old City: Browse through charming boutiques in Philadelphia’s Old City. On North 3rd Street between Market and Race streets, check out these great boutiques and vintage clothing shops with tons of character: Sugarcube, Vagabond, Three Sirens Boutique, Sazz Vintage Clothing and more. If you’re looking for the hottest labels in historic Old City, check out Third Street Habit (153 N. 3rd St.) for contemporary read-to-wear designers like Rag & Bone. And Lost + Found is the best stop for wallet-friendly finds and affordable merchandise.