Public Relations Journal Archive
Vol. 8, No. 1
- “An Examination of Fortune 500 Companies’ and Philanthropy 200 Nonprofit Organizations’ Relationship Cultivation Strategies on Facebook,” by Julie O’Neil, Ph.D.
- “Connecting to a Cause: An Experiment Testing Dialogic Theory and Relationships within Social Marketing,” coauthored by Megan Ward and Kaye D. Sweetser, Ph.D., APR.
- "Government Public Relations and Social Media", by Missy Graham, M.A. and Elizabeth Johnson Avery, Ph.D.
- “Dictating the News: Understanding Newsworthiness from the Journalistic Perspective,” by Lynn M. Zoch, Ph.D. and Dustin W. Supa, Ph.D.
- “How Internet Communications are affecting (and being affected by) the Spiral of Silence: Possible Implications for Grassroots Campaigns – A Pilot Study,” by Sufyan Mohammed-Baksh, MBA, Ph.D.
- “An Examination of the Roles and Work Activities of the Public Relations Officer in Higher Education Using the Five-Factor Dimension Model, by Rosalynne Whitaker-Heck, , Ed.D., APR.
- “Leadership Development: Where Do PRSSA Faculty Advisers Stand?” by Cathy Rogers, Ph.D.
Vol. 7, No. 4
- "Political Public Relations: Old Practice, New Theory-Building", by Jesper Strömbäck, Ph.D. and Spiro Kiousis, Ph.D., APR.
- "Sources of Citizens’ Experiential and Reputational Relationships with Political Parties", by Trent Seltzer, Ph.D., Weiwu Zhang, Ph.D., Sherice Gearhart, Ph.D. and Lexie Conduff.
- "Government Public Relations and Social Media", by Missy Graham, M.A. and Elizabeth Johnson Avery, Ph.D.
- "Political Public Relations on the Net: A Relationship Management Perspective", by Michael Karlsson, Ph.D., Christer Clerwall, Ph.D. and Ulf Buskqvist, Ph.D.
- "Political Public Relations in Advocacy: Building Online Influence and Social Capital", by Adam J. Saffer, Maureen Taylor, Ph.D. and Aimei Yang, Ph.D.
- "Political Public Relations in the European Union: EU Reputation and Relationship Management Under Scrutiny", by Chiara Valentini, Ph.D.
- "Public Relations and Public Diplomacy: Conceptual and Practical Connections", by Kathy Fitzpatrick, J.D., Jami Fullerton, Ph.D. and Alice Kendrick, Ph.D.
Vol. 7, No. 3
- "Perceptions of Wikipedia by Public Relations Professionals: A Comparison of 2012 and 2013 Surveys", by Marcia W. DiStaso, Ph.D.
- "Toward the Establishment of Ethical Standardization in Public Relations Research, Measurement and Evaluation", by Shannon A. Bowen, Ph.D., and Don W. Stacks, Ph.D.
- "’It Depends on the Degree:’ Exploring Employers’ Perceptions of Public Relations Master’s Degrees", by Elizabeth L. Toth, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA and Rowena L. Briones, Ph.D.
- "An Updated Examination of Social and Emerging Media Use in Public Relations Practice: A Longitudinal Analysis Between 2006 and 2013", by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA and Michelle Drifka Hinson.
- "Is Ghost Blogging Like Speechwriting? A Survey of Practitioners About the Ethics of Ghost Blogging", Tiffany Derville Gallicano, Ph.D.; Kevin Brett, M.A., and Toby Hopp, M.A.
- "Examining Modern Media Relations: An Exploratory Study of the Effect of Twitter on the Public Relations – Journalist Relationship", by Drew Wilson, M.A and Dustin W. Supa, Ph.D.
Vol. 7, No. 2 (Diversity)
- Editor's Remarks by Bey-Ling Sha, Ph.D., APR
- "Shifting the Paradigm: Diversity Communication on Corporate Websites", by Nur Uysal, Ph.D.
- "Millennials' Perceptions About Diversity in Their PR Agencies", by Tiffany Derville Gallicano, Ph.D.
- "Profiling Public Relations Practitioners' Work-Life Conflict: From A Diversity Lens", by Hongmei Shen, Ph.D. and Hua Jiang, Ph.D.
- "Unintended Consequences of a Segmentation Strategy: Exploring Constraint Recognition Among Black Women Targeted in HIV/AIDS Campaigns", by Tiphané P. Turpin.
- "Race, Digital and Traditional Media, and Public Relations Health Campaigns", by Bryan H. Reber, Ph.D., Hye-Jin Paek, Ph.D., and Ruthann Weaver Lariscy, Ph.D.
- "The Next Dimension in Public Relations Campaigns: A Case Study of the It Gets Better Project", by Jamie Ward, Ph.D.
- "Advocacy and Amplification: Nonprofit Outreach and Empowerment Through Participatory Media", by Erica Ciszek.
- "Clientelism, Economic Structure, and Public Relations in Southern Europe: An Example of Diversity in the Western World", by César García, Ph.D.
Vol. 7, No. 1
- "An Analysis of the Website Strategies of Top-Fee Generating U.S.-Based Public Relations Agencies", by John G. Wirtz, Ph.D., and Prisca Ngondo.
- "Public Relations Paradox on Display: A Comparative Case Study Analysis of the Autonomy-Dependency Paradox at a University Art Museum", by Christopher Wilson, Brad L. Rawlins, Ph.D. and Kevin Stoker, Ph.D.
- "A Benchmark Analysis of the Strategic Use of Social Media for Fortune’s Most Admired U.S. Companies on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube", by Marcia W. DiStaso, Ph.D., and Tina McCorkindale.
- "Why Women Earn Less Than Men: The Cost of Gender Discrimination in U.S. Public Relations", by David M. Dozier, Ph.D., Bey-Ling Sha, Ph.D., APR; and Hongmei Shen, Ph.D.
- "The International Divide in Public Relations Education: Advocacy versus Autonomy", by Shannon A. Bowen, Ph.D. and Elina Erzikova, Ph.D.
- "An Assessment of PR Educators’ Perceptions of and Approaches to Teaching Entrepreneurship", by Julie O’Neil, Ph.D., Betsy Hayes, MA, APR and Vicki Bagwell, MA, APR.
Vol. 6, No. 5
- "Between Convergence and Power Struggles: How Public Relations and Marketing Communications Professionals Interact in Corporate Brand Management", by Ansgar Zerfass, Ph.D., and Lisa Dühring, M.A.
- "Evaluating Efficacy in Public Relations/Corporate Communication Programming: Towards Establishing Standards of Campaign Performance", by David Michaelson, Ph.D., Donald K. Wright, Ph. D, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Don W. Stacks, Ph.D.
- "Understanding Opinion Leadership and Motivations to Blog: Implications for Public Relations Practice", by Sigal Segev, Ph.D.; Maria Elena Villar, Ph.D., and Rosanna M. Fiske, M.S., APR.
- "Memorable Health Messages Embrace Student Perspectives", by Cheryl Ann Lambert, Ph.D.
- "How the Interaction of Public Relations Spokesperson Gender and Ethnicity Effect Audience Perceptions of Spokesperson, Organization and Message Credibility: Using the Heuristic Systematic Model to Investigate a Possible Emerging Trend", by Sufyan Mohammed, MMS, MBA, Ph.D.
Vol. 6, No. 4
- "A Great Day for Oiled Pelicans: BP, Twitter and the Deep Water Horizon Crisis Response", by Laura Richardson Walton, Ph.D., APR; Skye C. Cooley, Ph.D.; and John H. Nicholson, Ph.D.
- "Examining How Social and Emerging Media Have Been Used in Public Relations Between 2006 and 2012: A Longitudinal Analysis", by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow, PRSA, and Michelle Dryfka Hinson, M.A
- "Leadership Development in Undergraduate Public Relations Students: A Case Study", by Mitchell Freidman, Ed.D.
- "Fortune 500 Foray: How the Nation’s Largest Insurer Leverages Social Media", by Matt Kelly, M.A., and Dustin W. Supa, Ph.D.
- "Social Media and Strategic Communication: A Two-Year Study of Attitudes and Perceptions about Social Media Among College Students", by Bobbi Kay Lewis, Ph.D. and Cynthia Nichols, Ph.D.
- "Feminization of the Film? Occupational Roles of Public Relations Characters in Movies", by Cheryl Ann Lambert, Ph.D., and Candace White, Ph.D.
- "Absence of Trade Press Coverage of Mass Communication Academic Research: A Bittersweet Victory for Public Relations", by Patrick Merle, M.A., Ph.D. and Coy Callison, Ph.D.
Vol. 6, No. 3
- "Beyond Reading, Writing, and Research: Assessing (and Enhancing) the Political and Economic Competency of U.S. Public Relations Majors", by Sandra Duhé, Ph.D., APR.
- "Conceptualizing a Theoretical Model for the Practice of Public Relations in the Small Business Environment", by Nell C. Huang-Horowitz, Ph. D.
- "Leadership Education in the Public Relations Curriculum: Reality, Opportunities, and Benefits", by Elina Erzikova, Ph.D. and Bruce K. Berger, Ph.D.
- "Linking Ethics Congruence, Communication Strategies, and Relationship Building", by Hongmei Shen, Ph.D. and Jeong-Nam Kim, Ph.D.
- "Wait a Minute! I Didn’t Know That’s What You Thought: A Case Study About Reaction to Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey’s Editorial About Healthcare Reform", by John G. Wirtz, Ph.D.
- "The Impact of Corporate Culture on Public Relations: The Role Corporate Culture Plays in the Practice of Public Relations in Japan", by Richard J. Batyko, APR, Fellow PRSA.
- "An Exploratory Investigation of Public Relations Education and Profession through the Lenses of Undergraduate PR Students", by Serra Celebi, Ph.D.
- "TV Advertising: Lessons for the Public Relations Professional", by Reginald F. Moody, Ph.D.
Vol. 6, No. 2
- "Measuring Public Relations Wikipedia Engagement: How Bright is the Rule?" by Marcia W. DiStaso, Ph.D.
Vol. 6, No. 1
- “Rehabilitating Your Organization’s Image: Public Relations Professionals’ Perceptions of the Effectiveness and Ethicality of Image Repair Strategies in Crisis Situations”, by Denise P. Ferguson, Ph.D., APR, J. D. Wallace, Ph.D. and Robert C. Chandler, Ph.D.
- “The Impact of Apology on Organization – Public Relationships and Perceptions of Corporate Social Responsibility”, by Michel M. Haigh, Ph.D. and Frank Dardis, Ph.D.
- “Animal-Welfare Activists vs. the Calgary Stampede: ‘That’s Entertainment?’” by Colleen Killingsworth, MCM, APR, ABC, FCPRS.
- “Elite and Popular Newspaper Publication of Press Releases: Differential Success Factors?” by Sam Lehman-Wilzig, Ph.D. and Michal Seletzky, Ph.D.
- “Revisiting the Continuum of Types of Organization-Public Relationships: From a Resource-Based View”, by Linjuan Rita Men, Ph.D. Candidate.
- “Tell It All?: Challenging Crisis Communications’ Rules”, by Jo Robertson, D.Sc.
- “Dimensions of Emergency Messages as Perceived by Journalists and Sources”, by Chris Swindell, Ph.D. and James Hertog, Ph.D.
- “A Struggle for Legitimacy: Russian Women Secure Their Professional Identities in Public Relations in a Hyper-Sexualized Patriarchal Workplace”, Katerina Tsetsura, Ph.D.
Vol. 5, No. 4
- "Becoming 'Quirky' Towards an Understanding of Practitioner and Blogger Relations in Public Relations”, by Brian G. Smith, Ph.D.
- "Corporate Web Pages as a Key Communication Channel for Financial Publics”, by Eyun-Jung Ki, Ph.D. and Jee Young Chung, Ph.D.
- "A Quantitative Analysis of Governments' Use of Interactive Media as a Global Public Relations Strategy”, by Ji Young Kim, Ph.D. candidate and Juan-Carlos Molleda, Ph.D.
- "The Influence of Cultures on SNS Usage: Comparing Mixi in Japan and Facebook in the U.S.”, by Xue Dou, Ph.D. candidate, College of Communications, Pennsylvania State University.
- "The Utilization of Facebook.com as a Publicity Vehicle during the 2010 Final Season of ABC's Lost”, by Anna D'Aloisio.
- "Prevalence and Success of Reverse Mentoring in Public Relations”, by Betsy A. Hays, M.A., APR, and Douglas J. Swanson, Ed.D., APR.
Vol. 5, No. 3
- “World-Class Public Relations One Decade Later: Does the Model Still Apply?” by Robert I. Wakefield, Ph.D., APR.
- “A Study of PR Practitioners’ Use of Social Media in Crisis Planning”, by Shelley Wigley, Ph.D. and Weiwu Zhang, Ph.D.
- “A Three-Year Longitudinal Analysis of Social and Emerging Media Use in Public Relations Practice”, by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA and Michelle Drifka Hinson, M.A.
- “Creativity vs. Ethics: Russian and U.S. Public Relations Students’ Perceptions of Professional Leadership and Leaders”, by Elina Erzikova, Ph.D. and Bruce K. Berger, Ph.D.
- “A Critical Analysis of Greenwashing Claims”, by Tiffany Derville Gallicano, Ph.D.
- “Are We Practicing What We Preach? Perspectives on Public Relations Evaluation from Practitioners”, by Susan Grantham, Ph.D., Edward T. Vieira, Jr., M.B.A., Ph.D., and Christina Trinchero.
- “Understanding the Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer Purchase Intention”, by Melissa D. Dodd, Ph.D. and Dustin W. Supa, Ph.D.
- “Not Conformed to this World: How U.S. Religion Communicators Describe Public Relations”, by Douglas F. Cannon, Ph.D., APR+M.
Vol. 5, No. 2
- “Standardization in Public Relations Measurement and Evaluation”, by David Michaelson, Ph.D., and Don W. Stacks, Ph.D.
- “Millennials’ Approaches to Ethical Decision Making: A Survey of Young Public Relations Agency Employees”, by Patricia A. Curtin, Ph.D.,Tiffany Derville Gallicano, Ph.D. and Kelli Matthews, M.A.
- “The Press Release: Do TV and Newspaper Editors See Eye to Eye?” by Reginald F. Moody, Ph.D.
- “The Secondhand Effects of College Drinking: The Need for Media Relations”, by Shelly Campo, Natoshia M. Askelson, Ph.D., Teresa Mastin, Ph.D. and, Mary Slonske..
- “Food Warnings and Recalls: Remembering Readability in Crisis Communication”, by Julie M. Novak, Ph.D., R.D., and Paula Biskup, M.A.
- “Classroom to Boardroom: The Role of Gender in Leadership Style, Stereotypes and Aptitude for Command in Public Relations”, by Victoria Geyer-Semple.
- “The NYPD: The Nation’s Largest Police Department as a Study in Public Information”, by Ashleigh Blair Egan, M.S.
Vol. 5, No. 1
- “Ethical Decision Making in Issues Management in Activist Groups”, by Hua Jiang, Ph.D. and Shannon A. Bowen, Ph.D.
- “Congressional Agenda-Building: Examining the Influence of Congressional Communications from the Speaker of the House”, by Spiro Kiousis, Ph.D., APR, Alexander Laskin, Ph.D. and Ji Young Kim, Doctoral Student.
- “Twitter as a Public Relations Tool”, by Angelica Evans, M.A., Jane Twomey, Ph.D. and Scott Talan, MPA.
- “Gatekeeper or Peacekeeper: The Decision-Making Authority of Public Relations”, by Amanda Ruth-McSwain, Ph.D.
- “Measuring Public Relations Leadership in the Train Approach: A Second-Order Factor Model in the Dimension of Self-Dynamics”, by Juan Meng, Ph.D., Bruce K. Berger, Ph.D. and William C. Heyman.
- “The State of Environmental Communication: A Survey of PRSA Members”, by Denise Sevick Bortree.
Vol. 4, No. 4
- "Public Relations Management at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital: A Case Study", by Erika H. Powelson and Kenneth D. Plowman, Ph.D., APR.
- "Increasing Publicity and Thematic News Coverage: The Impact of Localizing News Releases in a State-Wide Experimental Field Study", by Bonnie Bressers, B.A. and Joye Gordon, Ph.D.
- "Media Non-Transparency Research: A Case of Romania", by Anna Klyueva and Katerina Tsetsura, Ph.D.
- "An Online Ethics Training Module for Public Relations Professionals: A Demonstration Project", by Lee Anne Peck, Ph.D. and Nancy J. Matchett, Ph.D.
- "Public Relations in Advocacy: Stem Cell Research Organizations’ Use of the Internet in Resource Mobilization", by Maureen Taylor, Ph.D. and Shuktara Sen Das.
- "The Translucency Corollary: Why Full Transparency is Not Always the Most Ethical Approach," by Robert I. Wakefield, Ph.D., APR and Susan B. Walton, APR.
- "Taking Tips from Zenith’s Legendary Eugene McDonald, Jr.: Getting Public Relations and Advertising to Say 'I Do'", by Reginald F. Moody, Ph.D.
Vol. 4, No. 3
- "Can You See the Writing on My Wall? A Content Analysis of the Fortune 50’s Facebook Social Networking Sites," by Tina McCorkindale, Ph.D.
- "Effects of Crisis Type and Interactive Online Media Type on Public Trust During Organizational Crises," by Seth Oyer, Ph.D.
- "How New Communications Media Are Being Used in Public Relations: A Longitudinal Analysis," by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, and Michelle D. Hinson, M.A.
- "Social Media and Strategic Communication: Attitudes and Perceptions Among College Students," Bobbi Kay Lewis, Ph.D.
- "How to Influence Editorials: A Case Study," by Robert Sommer, M.A. and John R. Maycroft, M.P.P.
Vol. 4, No. 2
- "Forced Transparency: Corporate Image on Wikipedia and What it Means for Public Relations," by Marcia W. DiStaso and Marcus Messner, Ph.D.
- "An Analysis of New Communications Media Use in Public Relations: Results of a Five-Year Trend Study," by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, Boston University, and Michelle Drifka Hinson, M.A.
- "Examining the Gender of Sources in Media Releases. Does the CEO Matter?" by Hilary Fussell Sisco, Ph.D, Lynn M. Zoch, Ph.D. and Erik Collins, Ph.D., J.D.
- "More Words, Less Action: A Framing Analysis of FEMA Public Relations Communications During Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav," by Seth Oyer, Ph.D., J. Keith Saliba, Ph.D. and Franklin Yartey.
- "Examining the Role of Social Media in Organization-Volunteer Relationships," by Windy L. Hovey, M.S.
- "Whose Site Is It Anyway? Expectations of College Web Sites," by Sheila M. McAllister-Spooner, Ph.D., APR.
Vol. 4, No. 1
- "An Examination of Applied Ethics and Stakeholder Management on Top Corporate Websites," by Shannon A. Bowen, Ph.D.
- "Lessons on the Big Idea and Public Relations: Reflections on the 50-Year Career of Charlotte Klein," by Diana Knott Martinelli, Ph.D, and Elizabeth L. Toth, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, Professor and Chair, Department of Communication, University of Maryland.
- "Industry in Crisis: The Communication Challenge in the Banking Industry," by Marcia W. DiStaso, Ph.D.
- "Confronting Media Nihilism: How Transparency Builds Meaning During Crises," by Robert S. Pritchard, M.A, APR, Fellow PRSA and Vincent F. Filak, Ph.D.
- "Getting Even or Getting Skewered: Piercing the Digital Veil of Anonymous Internet Speech as a Corporate Public Relations Tactic (Vengeance is Not Yours, Sayeth the Courts)," by Samuel A. Terilli, J.D., Don W. Stacks, Ph.D., and Paul D. Driscoll, Ph.D.
- "Toward a Publics-Driven, Emotion-Based Approach in Crisis Communication: Testing the Integrated Crisis Mapping (ICM) Model," by Yan Jin, Ph.D., Augustine Pang, Ph.D., and Glen T. Cameron, Ph.D.
Vol. 3, No. 4
- "Public Relations Contingencies in a Globalized World Where Even “Glocalization” is Not Sufficient," by Robert I. Wakefield, Ph.D., APR.
- "Maximizing Media Relations Through a Better Understanding of the Public Relations-Journalist Relationship: A Quantitative Analysis of Changes Over the Past 23 Years," by Dustin W. Supa, Ph.D., and Lynn M. Zoch, Ph.D.
- "Writing the Narrative Press Release: Is it the Magic Potion for More Usable Press Communications?" by Reginald F. Moody, Ph.D.
- "Filmmakers as Social Advocates – A New Challenge for Issues Management: Claims-Making and Framing in Four Social Issue Documentaries," by Mechelle Martz-Mayfield and Kirk Hallahan, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA.
- "The Relationship Between Firms’ Media Favorability and Public Esteem," by Craig Carroll, Ph.D.
- "Monitoring Public Opinion in Cyberspace: How Corporate Public Relations Is Facing the Challenge," by Ruthann Weaver Lariscy, Ph.D., Elizabeth J. Avery, Ph.D., Kaye D. Sweetser, Ph.D., and Pauline Howes.
Vol. 3, No. 3
- "Exploring the Comparative Communications Effectiveness of Advertising and Public Relations: A Replication and Extension of Prior Experiments," by Don W. Stacks, Ph.D., and David Michaelson, Ph.D.
- "Reality is Greater Than Fiction: How Southwest’s Reality Show ‘Airline’ Acted as a Public Relations Tool in Managing Organizational Impressions," by Alexa S. Chilcutt, Ph.D.
- "Corporate Reputation: Beyond Measurement," by Katerina Tsetsura, Ph.D., and Dean Kruckeberg, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA.
- "Examining How Public Relations Practitioners Actually Are Using Social Media," by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, and Michelle D. Hinson, M.A.
- "Institutional Review Boards and Public Relations/Mass Communication Research: Furthering the Conversation ," by Patricia Mark, Ph.D., and Jeanne S. McPherson, Ph.D.
- "Finding Connections Between Lobbying, Public Relations and Advocacy," by Kati Tusinski Berg, Ph.D.
Vol. 3, No. 2
- "Designing an Employee-Centered Intranet and Measuring Its Impact on Employee Voice and Satisfaction," by Bethe Spurlock and Julie O’Neil, Ph.D.
- "An Updated Look at the Impact of Social Media on Public Relations Practice," by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, and Michelle D. Hinson, M.A.
- "Reflections of Perceptions: Measuring the Effects Public Relations Education has on Non-majors’ Attitudes Toward the Discipline," by Lisa Fall, Ph.D., APR, and Jeremy Hughes.
- "Expanding the Public Relations Palette: Facilitation as a Means toward CSR Policy Development," by Alan R. Freitag, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA.
- "An Exploratory Study of the Media Transparency in Ukraine," by Katerina Tsetsura, Ph.D., and Anastasia Grynko.
- "Two Sides To Every Story: Using Coorientation To Measure Direct And Meta- Perspectives Of Both Parties In Organization-Public Relationships," by Trent Seltzer, Ph.D., and Michael Mitrook, Ph.D.
Vol. 3, No. 1
- "Examining The Role of Women in the Development of Public Relations," by Suzannah Patterson, Ph.D., APR.
- "Cognitive Processing of Crisis Communication: Effects of CSR and Crisis Response Strategies on Stakeholder Perceptions of a Racial Crisis Dynamics," by Hye Kyung Kim and Sung-Un Yang, Ph.D.
- "Learning from Past Crises- Do Iconic Cases Help or Hinder?," by Tony Jaques, Ph.D.
- "Influence of the Gender of Reporters, News Topics, and Circulation Size on Framing of Public Relations," by Jeongsub Lim, Ph.D., and Jiyang Bae, Ph.D.
- "PR in the News: How a Sample of Network Newscasts Framed Public Relations," by Emily Kinsky, Ph.D., and Coy Callison, Ph.D.
Vol. 2, No. 4
- "Is It Still Just a Women's Issue? A Study of Work-Life Balance Among Men and Women in Public Relations," by Linda Aldoory, Ph.D., Elizabeth L. Toth, Ph.D., APR, and Bey-Ling Sha, Ph.D., APR.
- "Comprising or Compromising Credibility? Use of Spokesperson Quotations in News Releases Issued by Major Health Agencies," by Elizabeth Johnson Avery, Ph.D., and Sora Kim, Ph.D.
- "Employee Newspapers and Mixed Messages: A Case Study of Discordant Culture Production," by Phillip J. Hutchison, Ph.D.
- "The CEO as Celebrity Blogger: Is There a Ghost or Ghostwriter in the Machine?," by Samuel A. Terilli, Jr., J.D., and Liney Inga Arnorsdottir.
- "From Communication to Action: The Use of Core Framing Tasks in Public Relations Messages on Activist Organizations' websites," by Lynn M. Zoch, Ph.D., Erik L. Collins, J.D., Ph.D., and Hilary Fussell Sisco, Ph.D.
Vol. 2, No. 3
- "Triangular Communications: The Who, Why and How," by Lou C. Williams, ABC, APR and David M. Dozier, Ph.D.
- "Admiring the Organization: A Study of the Relational Quality Outcomes of the Nonprofit Organization-Volunteer Relationship," by Denise Bortree, Ph. D., and Richard Waters, Ph. D.
- "Public Relations and the Path to Innovation: Are Complex Environments Good for Business?" by Sandra C. Duhé, Ph.D., APR.
- "West Meets East: A Cross-Cultural Look at American and Russian Public Relations Students’ Perceptions of Leadership Style and Ethics," by Elina Erzikova and Bruce K. Berger, Ph.D.
- "Creating Recognition for Employee Recognition," by Brian G. Smith, M.A.
- "Public Relations Among the Functions of Management: A New Zealand Perspective," by Graeme D. Sterne, M.A.
Vol. 2, No. 2
- "Measuring the Impact of Employee Communication on Employee Comprehension and Action: A Case Study of a Major International Firm," by Julie O’Neil, Ph.D.
- "Measuring the Relationship Between Organizational Transparency and Employee Trust," by Brad L. Rawlins, Ph.D.
- "How Blogs and Social Media are Changing Public Relations and the Way it is Practiced," by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA and Michelle D. Hinson, M.A.
- "Business Blogging In the Fog of Law: Traditional Agency Liability Principles and Less-Than-Traditional Section 230 Immunity in the Context of Blogs About Businesses," by Samuel A. Terilli, J.D., Paul D. Driscoll, Ph.D., and Don W. Stacks, Ph.D.
- "The Influence of New Communication Technologies on Undergraduate Preferences for Social Capital Formation, Maintenance, and Expenditure," by William R. Kennan, Ph.D., Vincent Hazleton, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, Melissa Janoske, M.Sc. and Melissa Short, M.Sc.
Vol. 2, No. 1
- "Risk Communication and Community Right to Know: A Public Relations Obligation to Inform," by Michael J. Palenchar, Ph.D.
- "A Hierarchical Model for Employee Benefits Communication Based on Media Richness Theory," by Alan R. Freitag, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA and Gaelle Picherit-Duthler, Ph.D.
- "Time to Get a Job: Helping Image Repair Theory Begin a Career in Industry," by Peter M. Smudde, Ph.D, APR, and Jeffrey L. Courtright, Ph.D.
- "Corporate Social Responsibility Priming and Valence of CSR Framing on CSR Judgments," by Alex Wang, Ph.D., and Ronald B. Anderson, Ph. D.
- "User Perceptions of Dialogic Public Relations Tactics via the Internet," by Sheila M. McAllister-Spooner, Ph.D.
Vol. 1, No. 1
- The Application of “Best Practices” in Public Relations Measurement and Evaluation Systems," by David Michaelson, Ph.D., and Sandra Macleod.
- "Corporate Identity and Corporate Reputation in Silicon Valley: Case Studies in Public Relations and Integrated Communications," by Kenneth D. Plowman, Ph.D., APR and Sanita Chiu, M.S.
- "How Much Does My Baby Cost? An Analysis of Gender Differences in Income, Career Interruption and Child Bearing," by David M. Dozier, Ph.D., Bey-Ling Sha, Ph.D., APR, and Masako Okura.
- "Public Relations Practitioners’ Relationships with Media and Each Other as Moderators of Excellent Health Information and the Local Public Health Agenda," by Elizabeth Johnson Avery, Ph.D.
- "Reviewing the Growth and Development of Scholarly, Online Publishing: Forging a New Frontier in Public Relations Research," by Donald K. Wright, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA.