Hire a Veteran!
Toolkit for Employers Hiring Veterans
The U.S. military depends on public affairs professionals to work with journalists to deliver news to key publics. Often times this is done in harms way (wartime reporting). Or it involves crisis communications messaging while protecting the brand.
If you are an employer hiring public relations talent, learn why hiring a veteran is not only the right thing to do, but can be good for your organization.
And if you do hire a veteran, know that PRSA offers qualified veterans a free one-year membership in PRSA to facilitate networking and professional development — another reason why hiring a veteran is the right decision!
- Why Should You Hire a Veteran?
- Which Veterans Have Skills Transferable to Public Relations, Public Affairs, and Communications Functions?
- Military Roles
- Public Affairs Qualifications
- Your Recruiting Strategy
- Additional Resources From America’s Heroes at Work:
- Tax incentives.
- The military culture.
- Resources to convert military into civilian qualifications.
- The different types of military service.
- What you can and should not ask during an interview.
- Creating a culturally sensitive new hire orientation plan.
- How much veterans appreciate a veteran-friendly workplace.