Further Resources From America’s Heroes at Work
Before you begin your search for a veteran, you may want to review the employer hiring toolkit at America’s Heroes at Work, which not only describes how rewarding it can be to hire a veteran, but provides lots of information about hiring and transitioning military personnel.
America’s Heroes at Work can tell you more about:
- Tax incentives.
- The military culture.
- Resources to convert military into civilian qualifications.
- The different types of military service.
- What you can and should not ask during an interview.
- Creating a culturally sensitive new hire orientation plan.
- How much veterans appreciate a veteran-friendly workplace.