Why Should You Hire a Veteran?
Many companies report that their veteran employees, because of their military work ethic and background in a goal-oriented culture, are not only excellent team members, but also tend to have a higher rate of retention. There are many reasons why companies seek out veterans — the most important being that they bring with them the skills to get the job done in a timely and efficient manner, skills that include leadership, management, teamwork, accountability and responsibility.
|Reasons to Hire Veterans||Transferable Skills|
- Leading multi-service communications teams.
- Developing external/internal communications strategies and programs.
- Managing marketing strategy.
- Spokesperson at unit/regional levels.
- Responding to international, national and local media queries.
- Directing national and local outreach campaigns.
- Providing interview techniques.
- Developing strategy/plans for senior leader implementation.
- Providing sound advice and counsel.
- Able to adjust communication skills
- Writing implementation plans for field headquarters.
- Orchestrating branding campaign/company vision.
- Leading public relations focused trips.
- Developing social media plans.
- Initiating company blogs.
- Translating technical information into easy-to-understand text.