Military Career Transition Success Story: Jeffrey Bishop
Marketing and Communication Director
Department of Veterans Affairs
RESUME AND CAREER TIPS TO CONSIDER:
- Use multiple resumes for multiple jobs.
- Find resumes that are exemplary and use them as a benchmark.
- A “long” resume for government jobs is okay.
- Be sure to have a LinkedIn version.
- Focus on outcomes versus job description.
- Do not include any jargon — (same with Interviews).
- Emphasize your supervisory skills.
- While you are not going to be an expert in all, either hone a niche or recognize that you are a strategic communicator who can lead regardless of the modality.
- Consider rank/grade equivalencies.
RESOURCES TO CONSIDER: