As part of PRSA's Six Weeks of Giving, please enjoy access to the on-demand webinar, "Transform Your Pitch From Snooze to News: Learn How to Gain Attention From Journalists and Bloggers"
Journalists are fewer and farther between, and they are more harried and overworked than ever. Also, bloggers are developing a reputation for impatience with — even an aversion to — public relations pitches. During this webinar, Michael Smart
will teach you eight proven ways to transform your routine story into the type of content that grabs their attention in the first sentence. You will learn:
- How to meet journalists’ changing requirements for newsworthiness the new media landscape.
- New hooks for old or recurring events and issues.
- An approach to revitalizing “snoozers,” such as groundbreakings and check-signings.
- How to make your trend story the one reporters pick up — while leaving your competitors out.
- Specific examples of how these approaches have worked for outlets such as the Washington Post, the New York Times and USA Today.