Keep Learning and Find Answers
Find the public relations and communications training courses you need by topic, organized by category on the PRSA Calendar of Events. Topics include crisis communications strategy, digital media, public relations writing, branding strategies, community relations and employee communications, among others.
PRSA Professional Interest Sections events, focusing on issues, trends and research of specialized practice areas are included within these categories. The Health Academy and Travel & Tourism Sections, among others, offer annual conferences.
- Accreditation Preparation & Maintenance: Programs offer best practices in the areas of writing, cutting through clutter, improving readability, and creating sound bites and quotes.
- Communication Strategy: Courses cover key concepts and techniques of effective public relations, including strategic thinking, proactive planning and improved relationship building. Subtopics include audience identification, campaign development, message development and integrated communications.
- Crisis & Reputation: Programs include managing relationships for crisis planning and response, reputation management, issues management, risk management, community relations, customer relations, corporate social responsibility, ethics and trust-related topics.
- Leadership & Management: Programs provide insights and training for employee motivation, staff development, personal career management and internal communications, including message preparation from the C-Suite toward employees, the press and stakeholders. Programs also offer tips, case studies and best practices for running a public relations department or firm.
- Measurement & ROI: Training programs identify how to determine research methods, set goals and quantifiable objectives, and understand measurement metrics and key performance indicators, and ultimately determine return on investment of public relations activities.
- Media Relations: Programs offer media training, journalist and blogger relationship development, pitching methods, digital releases, SEO releases, message control and media interview techniques.
- Social Media: Introductory training programs cover the basics of blogging, podcasting, RSS, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools. More advanced programs include social media policy development, social media planning and social media integration.
- Techniques & Tactics: Programs offer how-to’s that will help you keep up with the latest communications and public relations resources and best practices. Learn how to implement tactics that will make your strategies succeed.
- Writing: Programs offer best practices in the areas of writing, cutting through clutter, improving readability, and creating sound bites and quotes.