Your job listing can be posted here! Posting is simple. It's $100 for a 90-day posting. Please contact chapter coordinator Jamie Coggins (email@example.com) for more information.
Job Title: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Department: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports to: Museum Director
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing an integrated marketing and public relations plan for the Brooks Museum of Art, including its exhibitions, public programs, fundraising initiatives, educational programming, special projects, the Brushmark Restaurant & catering services, and Museum Store.
As the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art prepares to celebrate its 100th anniversary in May of 2016, the Director of Marketing and Public Relations will move quickly to help implement the PR and marketing initiatives in a new strategic plan that reinvigorates the institution and builds for its future in a three-phase campaign.
Department functions include media and community relations, including the state and region more broadly, brand development, advertising and promotions, and the development of publications and materials promoting the museum. This role entails developing a sophisticated knowledge of regional, national, and international marketing trends for art museums, including websites and digital media.
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations at the Brooks must have excellent interpersonal skills and exercise sound judgement and diplomacy in working with a diverse staff, board, and audiences. The Director in this position will have proven experience using best practices in Marketing and Public Relations, including the field of digital technology and the printing industry.
Administration and Management
• Design and build strategy for a marketing/communication program, which includes a public relations calendar, a social media calendar, print collaterals and ad placements.
• Develop and manage the Marketing and Public Relations Department’s budget and participate in overall Museum budget development and compliance.
• Supervise two departmental staff members and work collaboratively with all Museum departments to determine priorities and to maximize promotional opportunities.
• Hire and manage relationships, as needed, with ad agencies, design agencies, web design companies, videographers, photographers and printers.
• Coordinate with other museum department directors and museum director to ensure all marketing and communications needs are being met.
• Measure, report and project on museum attendance to exhibitions and public programs.
Media and Community Relations
• Oversee all media communications including development of press materials, press releases, and target media.
• Ensure all museum messages work to build positive relationships with a broad and diverse public.
• Develop and manage promotional partnerships with local businesses, neighboring museums and Overton Park entities, arts organizations, exhibition sponsors, and such organizations as ArtsMemphis, Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau, and Greater Memphis Chamber, among others.
Development of Museum Collateral Materials, Advertising & Digital Presence / Branding
• Create and produce with graphic designer all printed media and marketing materials, including design, copy and layout, working collaboratively with appropriate departments in all stages of the process.
• Write and edit a variety of museum messages and publications for a variety of different audiences related to exhibitions, public programs, fundraising events and educational programming.
• Manage the development of graphics and content used in a variety of online platforms, including but not limited to the Brooks website, external websites, e-blasts, paid online advertising, social media platforms, facebook posts and advertisements, Brooks blog and Brooks app. Ensure effectiveness and consistency in tone and frequency of messages.
• Oversee the execution of all digital advertising, which includes identifying target markets according to marketing plan, developing content and graphics, and gathering analytics for all digital advertising.
• Update, edit and implement the “Brooks Branding Style Guidelines.”
Skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams inside and outside of the museum, and to manage staff, drive projects, multi-task independently with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and mission-driven organization.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor budgets.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing strongly preferred. Four years of previous museum experience required.
The Memphis Brooks of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy Manager of Marketing + Communications
As a key member of the Shelby Farms Park Conservancy Development + Communications team, the purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of the Shelby Farms Park Conservancy communications program, including marketing, public relations, branding, and web/digital in support of a wide variety of initiatives. The primary focus of this position is to develop and execute marketing and communications strategies to drive fundraising, earned revenue, events, and positive visitor experience.
Director of Development + Communications
• Develop, implement and evaluate marketing plans and budgets to drive revenue and participation for earned revenue programs in partnership with sales team (meetings and conventions, events, weddings, rentals, etc.)
• Manage, refine, and steward brand strategy across organization
• Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to drive and support fundraising programs, in partnership with Development Managers
• Oversee the development of print and digital materials, including sales collateral, ads, signage, presentations, and other pieces
• Oversee Website and Apps, optimizing sites to drive sales, event participation and fundraising while providing Park information. Manage content for accuracy, engagement freshness and SEO
• Develop and oversee social media strategy
• Oversee public relations strategies, including media relationships, media events, pitching, park visitor communications, public engagement, and crisis communications
• Analyze sales patterns to determine and/or change the course of campaign strategies
• Oversee media buying plan, including print, digital, radio, outdoor, tv; cultivate media partners for sponsorships
• Manage external vendors
Key Skills + Experience
• Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans to drive results for both nonprofit and for-profit business; experience in marketing facilities for events, meetings and functions preferred
• Understanding of digital marketing and social media best practices
• Understanding of the philosophy and practice of brand building; experience in art direction preferred
• Ability to provide consumer insights to inform marketing plans
• Understanding of analytics; proven ability to track and analyze sales patterns and course correct
• Project management
• Ability to work with a team including supporting internal clients who are responsible for fundraising revenue and earned revenue
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• Experience coordinating collateral and content production, including print pieces, ads, sales packages, press kits, presentations, photography, video
• High proficiency in Word and PowerPoint; experience with Google Apps, NetSuite, Photoshop, InDesign a plus
• Ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, able to manage complex work plans, strong listener, service oriented, flexible, strong critical and lateral thinker, creative - and most importantly – collaborative.
• Commitment to the consistent production of high quality work
• Organizes, plans, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner
• Elicits confidence and builds rapport
• Enthusiastic, dependable, accountable, self-motivated and self-aware
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
As part of Shelby Farms Park Conservancy’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
• Prior Employment Verification
• Education Verification
• Social Security Trace
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screen
• Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
To apply for this position, send a copy of your resume and job application to:
Jen Andrews | Director of Development + Communications Shelby Farms Park Conservancy email@example.com
You can download an SFPC job application at http://www.shelbyfarmspark.org/jobs
Morris Marketing Group
Marketing Communications Specialist – MarCom Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and facilitating marketing communications and sales materials for a wide variety of clients, mediums, audiences, and goals.
The Marketing Communications Specialist should be a team player and a creative thinker with a penchant for using correct grammar and a keen eye for details. A student or practitioner of public relations and skilled writer, the Marketing Communications Specialist should also have interests and/or work experience in graphic design, media relations, traditional and social media, community relations, sales strategy, nonprofits, fundraising, and business operations.
· > 1-3 years of experience in public relations, communications, or marketing
· > Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, and
· > Knowledge of and interest in Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite– Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom
· > Proficiency and interest in all social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube…
· > Wordpress knowledge
· > Interest in visual arts, photography, and videography
· > Excellent Proofreader
· > Creative and news writing abilities and interests
· > Working knowledge of Associated Press Style
· > Friendly and positive attitude
· > Professional appearance and attitude
Candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Morris Marketing Group principles Valerie Morris and Patrick Collins pride themselves on providing senior level, high touch and intuitive marketing communications support to every client whether they are a small business, government agency, or large corporation.
Morris Marketing Group provides communications, marketing, public relations, special event, strategic planning, and social media services to a diverse client list throughout the Southeast region.
Morris Marketing Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For more information visit: www.vmorrismarketing.com
The contents of this Web page were not subject to the approval of PRSA National and may not reflect the opinion of PRSA National staff, its Board of Directors or its members.
Broaden your skill set with access to an extensive library of live and on-demand professional development webinars — one of PRSA's premier member benefits.