Become a Health Academy Leader
The PRSA 2014 Health Academy Executive Committee ballot is being prepared, and there are two open at-large seats, open for three-year terms. By serving as a leader of the Health Academy, you’ll:
- Build your network through collaborative relationships with fellow volunteers and practitioners.
- Shape the direction of health care public relations by addressing common challenges, as well as connecting with industry thought leaders.
- Deepen your awareness of cutting-edge trends in professional development across health care settings.
- Raise your and your employer’s profile in the public relations community.
If elected, there is an expected time commitment as a Section leader.
- We hold hour-long monthly conference calls to discuss progress toward our strategic goals.
- Each Section leader will have at least one specific project or committee assignment.
- The Health Academy Executive Committee’s annual all-day planning retreat will be on Friday, December 6th at the PRSA offices in New York City.
- The Health Academy’s Annual Conference will be held May 7-9, 2014, in Washington, DC. The Section’s annual conference is an integral part of your volunteer position on the Executive Committee.
Only PRSA Health Academy members in good standing may run for the Executive Committee. PRSA does not reimburse for travel expenses. If you are interested in serving on the Health Academy Executive Committee, please send the following information to email@example.com by COB Friday, September 6th.
- A professional bio (max. 300 words).
- Brief description of your skills, what you would hope to contribute to the Health Academy and the Executive Committee (max. 100 words).
- A recent headshot.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com