Previous Section Programming
Join PRSA’s Independent Practitioners Alliance (IPA) for brown bag discussions, virtual roundtables where participants learn about best practices on topics of interest to independent practitioners.
Online Webinars and Brown Bag Discussions
- Building Your Business Through Alliances
- Wondering how to maintain your independence and still pursue bigger projects than you can tackle on your own? Julie Dennehy, APR, discusses how independent practitioners can create an alliance with other specialists and team up to pitch business together. During her presentation, Dennehy shares advice about the entire process from identifying potential partners to managing the projects once the business is landed.
- Consultant to Classroom; Practitioner to Professor
- Teaching at your local university can offer a bevy of benefits for the independent PR practitioner, including extra income, enhanced professional credibility and the rewards of working with future PR professionals. Many experienced consultants are unsure of what it takes to get the job, and then what it takes to do the job. During their presentation, Terri Lynn Johnson, APR, ABC, ABD, Dean Kazoleas, APR, Ph.D., Kirk Hazlett, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Joseph Trahan III, APR, Fellow PRSA, Ph.D., will share advice about gaining experience in the classroom and being an effective instructor.
- How to Succeed as an Independent Practitioner and Still Have a Life: Learn Tips for Making Life as an Owner Easy
- Learn proven strategies and step-by-step approaches that can make the difference between just getting by with your business and succeeding. Bill Collier teaches how to develop a business plan, get the right people on your team and keep them there and delegate effectively.
- Selling Your Value: How to Talk to Clients About Fees
- Gain insights about fees from other independent practitioners to find out what works and what doesn’t. After our hour-long session, you’ll be much more confident about discussing hourly, project, and monthly retainer fees with your clients and prospective clients. This will be an open forum with several IPA members who will lead the discussion on how they have managed their compensation. Moderator: Mary Barber, APR, Fellow PRSA.
- Growing Your Client Base and Revenue through Virtual Partnerships
- Find out how to be on the A-list of independent public relations practitioners selected for potential partnerships, and learn from the success stories of those who have blended their skills and experience to effectively compete with traditional agencies. Invest an hour to advance your practice through this open forum, with Kelly J. Davis, APR, Jennifer Heinly, MBA, and Marisa Vallbona, APR, Fellow PRSA, who will lead the discussion on forming virtual partnerships and networks. Moderator: Natalie Ghidotti, APR.
- Secrets to Subcontracting
- Join the PRSA Independent Practitioners Alliance (IPA) for a virtual roundtable on what agencies look for when outsourcing work to independent practitioners and how to be a sub-contractor selected for repeat assignments. Ashley Harris discusses the Virtual Work Environment model used by various government agencies, PR firms, and advertising agencies.
- Networking for New Business: Online and Offline Skills for Independent Practitioners
- Networking to build new business, whether online or in-person, is a skill that independent practitioners need to perfect in order to stay competitive in today’s challenging market. Our traditional networking expert Hank Blank and online networking strategist Michael Gass will provide specific strategies and tactics to achieve your goals, whether tapping new business leads, positioning your professional experience, or following-up with colleagues.
International Conference Resources for Independent Practitioners
Beyond Solo Consulting:How to Effectively Build and Work with Project Teams, Subcontractors and Staff
Moderator: Jamie F. Meredith, CEO, The Meredith Group, Inc.
Heathere Evans-Keenan, APR, Founder, Keenan PR, Inc.
Katie Coates Ageson, APR, President, PR Projects
IPA members: Sign into MyPRSA to download presentations and listen to these professional development sessions on demand.
Not a IPA member? Join now.