View Calendar of Events View Professional Development Catalog
- Sept. 13–14: Secrets of Media Relations Masters, Michael Smart, New York
Join media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents a two-day event designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. The first day will focus on laying the foundation required for superior pitching success. The strategies you learn in day two of the workshop have been used by previous attendees to get coverage in top-tier national media such as the front page of The New York Times, in The Wall Street Journal and USA Today, and on CNN and NBC’s “Today.”
- Sept. 21: Visual Content and Media Relations, Malayna Evans, Ph.D., Washington, D.C. area
Visual storytelling done well increases engagement, explains and summarizes complex information, speeds up comprehension, tugs the heartstrings and motivates action. This is why visuals are now at the heart of brand identity and content creation to a greater degree than ever before. This workshop will discuss tactics for creating and sharing highly branded, engaging and transferable media-facing assets.
- Nov. 9: Essential Communication Skills for Leaders, Blythe Campbell, APR, Portland, Ore.
In this fast-paced workshop, you’ll learn how technology impacts leadership communication, the digital communication skills every leader must have, and how you can work with leaders to effectively use digital channels.
- July 20: The 2018 Video and Visual Storytelling Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- July 24-25: Social Media & Digital Communications Conference, Amazon HQ, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Seattle
- July 25–26: Master the Art of the Storyteller, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland, Ore.
- Aug. 1-2: Writing for PR and Corporate Communications Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Boston
- Sept. 6–7: Not Your Father’s News Release, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Atlanta
- Sept. 13–14: 2018 Leadership & Executive Communications Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Washington, D.C.
- Oct. 2–3: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Dallas
- Nov. 7–8: Think Inside the Inbox: Get Opened, Read & Clicked Through, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Washington, D.C.