View Calendar of Events View Professional Development Catalog
- Sept. 21: Visual Content and Media Relations, Malayna Evans, Ph.D., Washington, D.C. area
Visual storytelling done well increases engagement, explains and summarizes complex information, speeds up comprehension, tugs the heartstrings and motivates action. This is why visuals are now at the heart of brand identity and content creation to a greater degree than ever before. This workshop will discuss tactics for creating and sharing highly branded, engaging and transferable media-facing assets.
- Nov. 7–10: APR Boot Camp, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
This three-day intensive course is for candidates to prepare for and be Advanced through the Panel Presentation™, and take the computer-based Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication (APR+M). This course is designed to provide a setting that will meet the needs of busy professionals whose schedules don’t permit extensive preparation time.
- Nov. 9: Essential Communication Skills for Leaders, Blythe Campbell, APR, Portland, Ore.
In this fast-paced workshop, you’ll learn how technology impacts leadership communication, the digital communication skills every leader must have, and how you can work with leaders to effectively use digital channels.
- Nov. 16: Future Communications: Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and 360-Video Workshop for PR, Cathy Hackl, APR, San Francisco
Whether you’re a techie or traditionalist, get ready for the next era of communications! Futurist Cathy Hackl, and one of the leading women in the VR AR industry, has been to the far frontiers of technology for PR and communications and will share what lies ahead. Whether it’s virtual reality (VR) helping to reinvent storytelling and experiential events or augmented reality (AR) apps transforming the way we try on makeup, a new technological shift is ushering in an era where content is no longer flat, it’s now 3D/360, virtual and sometimes holographic. You’ll discuss how immersive technologies impact PR and newsgathering, content marketing and social media. Delve into the new ways brands will tell stories and what tools professionals need to embrace now. This workshop includes a hands-on portion where attendees will be able to create their own AR filters or 360-videos.
Case in Point
- Sept. 26: Using Owned Media to Drive Reputation, Online
How is PayPal able to generate millions of viewers to its owned programming? Join us for this special Case in Point focused on Reputation.
- Sept. 21: The 2018 Powerful Press Releases and Pitches Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Online
- Sept. 26–28: Brand Storytelling & Content Marketing Conference at Intel, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, San Jose, Calif.
- Oct. 2–3: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Dallas
- Oct. 5: Virtual Summit: Create and Sustain Best Practices for YouTube Success, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Online
- Nov. 7–8: Think Inside the Inbox: Get Opened, Read & Clicked Through, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Washington, D.C.