Why Should You Join the Financial Communications Section?
The Financial Communications (Fin. Com.) Section is made up of nearly 200 communication and public relations professionals who serve all levels of financial institutions. The members of this Section know that financial communications is changing rapidly, as confidence in major institutions is eroding, and stakeholders and regulators are demanding greater corporate accountability and transparency. The Financial Communications Section offers opportunities for professionals at all stages of their career to connect with practitioners who understand your issues and are willing to share solutions.
Members often seek programming related to financial literacy, and the Financial Communications Section offers content that will help members develop a map to drive career advancement, enhance charitable involvement, and become better positioned to serve as trusted advisers in the C-suite and at the board table. Opportunities exist for in-person and virtual networking, connection in newsletters and through social media channels, and a guide to advance business literacy across the PR discipline.
To become a member of the Financial Communications Section you must be a member of PRSA and pay an additional fee of $60.
Don’t Miss Out!
2018 Section Programming Coming Soon!
Who Are Our Members?
The Financial Communications Section is made up of nearly 200 industry professionals who are making meaningful contributions to their institutions. Some of the organizations that our Section members work for are:
- AARP Media Relations
- Agilent Technologies
- Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.
- Capital One
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Choice Hotels
- Department of State Treasurer (N.C.)
- General Motors Corporation
- M&T Bank
- State Farm Insurance
- State Street Corporation
- T. Rowe Price Group
- United Federal Credit Union
Resources for Members
- Meet Your Financial Communications Section Leadership
- Fin. Com. MyPRSA online community and resource library
- December 2017 Newsletter
- Best Practices in Utilizing Agencies for Better Outcomes
- The Positive Impact of Visual Storytelling on Communicating a Company’s Financial Performance
- 50/50 Way to Success: How PR Pros Can Be Effective Advisers by Understanding Professional Landscape
Join the conversation at @PRSAFinancial using hashtag #fincomprsa.