Category: Media Relations
If you coach or train spokespersons, executives and managers for media interviews, presentations, or testimony, this program will provide some useful new tools, techniques and insights. Jim Lukaszewski, one of America’s most experienced executive coaches and trainers of coaches, will share the in-depth scripting and content development process that controls interviews and audiences. He will walk participants through the structure, technique and substance of his approach to content-driven media/spokesperson coaching.
You will learn about:
• Attracting executives and bosses to media training.
• Avoiding the training pitfalls that put off executives and leaders.
• Coaching techniques that energize and focus spokespeople.
• Designing powerful, memorable answers.
• Coaching for content (content preparation determines style) and calmness.
• Using positive language – the crucial interview control strategy.
• Converting data, factoids and anecdotes into powerful stories.
The program template is very practical: developing answer content, setting ground rules and identifying crucial questions. Each participant receives a substantial handout.
James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, Fellow IABC; APR, Fellow PRSA, BEPS Emeritus, is president of The Lukaszewski Group, a division of Risdall Marketing Group. Considered America’s Crisis Guru®, his name appeared in Corporate Legal Times as one of “28 Experts to Call When All Hell Breaks Loose,” and in PR Week as one of 22 “crunch-time counselors who should be on speed dial in a crisis.” Lukaszewski has served on the PRSA National Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS) for more than 20 years.
Participants earn 1.0 APR Maintenance Credit for a webinar. Learn more about Accreditation maintenance.
Broaden your skill set with access to an extensive library of live and on-demand professional development webinars — one of PRSA's premier member benefits.