Evolving trends in marketing, media and advertising have created a need for communication campaigns that are synchronized across multiple platforms. Public relations professionals today must understand the basic components of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) to achieve the best results for their companies and clients.
Successful implementation of IMC relies on a clear understanding of the audience’s needs and expectations, in-depth knowledge of the brand, and the ability to effectively connect the two. In this workshop you will learn how to create an actionable IMC strategy and how to implement that strategy for the strongest results possible. Additionally, you’ll learn the key success factors involved in IMC, including:
· The true definition of IMC, and the marketing and technology trends driving more and more brands toward IMC strategies.
· The role of the brand in IMC.
· Defining your audience using psychographic profiles.
· Choosing the right messaging channels for your campaign.
· Successfully implementing an IMC strategy, including the secrets to real engagement with your customer.
· The vital role of public relations in IMC.
· Setting appropriate goals and measuring IMC success across all platforms.
You’ll also work in teams to create an actual IMC campaign. The format of the class will be interactive, fun and highly informative. After this course, you’ll have a new understanding of the role of public relations within the new IMC paradigm, and how to implement these new tools to achieve greater success in today’s complex communications environment.
Bonnie Harris, adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
Harris has designed and implemented IMC strategies for clients across the United States, including National Geographic and Yale University. Prior to founding her IMC practice in 2002, she worked in marketing and management in the technology industry for 15 years. She received her Master's degree from the IMC program at West Virginia University in December of 2007.
Participants earn 4.0 APR Maintenance Credits for a two-day course. For more information on Accreditation maintenance, visit http://www.prsa.org/Learning/Accreditation.
Broaden your skill set with access to an extensive library of live and on-demand professional development webinars — one of PRSA's premier member benefits.