Connect with Industry Professionals
PRSA offer’s members a variety of ways to network with industry professionals, both online and in-person.
If you would like to connect with your local peers than joining your local PRSA Chapter is a must!
PRSA has more than 100 local groups, known as Chapters. PRSA Chapters are based on geography and are located in all 50 states, with some states having multiple Chapters. Click here to find your local Chapter.
What You Will Gain by Joining a Chapter:
- Become better known in your local public relations community
- Learn about business and career opportunities
- Engage in professional development
- Volunteer leadership opportunities
- Discounts to events (when applicable)
- Valuable industry contacts and lifelong friends
Not all PR is the same. A PRSA Section membership is for those professionals looking to connect with other public relations and communication peers in their industry.
PRSA has 14 professional interest groups, known as Sections. Each Section focuses on a specific industry that public relations and communication professionals serve, and a few of the Sections are geared towards career level and business owners.
Members of these Sections are able to connect with industry peers who have similar needs and share the same challenges. These groups share important and relevant information about their area of interest through a variety of channels throughout the year.
PRSA’s Professional Interest Sections:
- Association/ Nonprofit
- Corporate Communications
- Counselors Academy
- Counselors to Higher Education
- Educators Academy
- Employee Communications
- Entertainment and Sports
- Financial Communications
- Health Academy
- Independent Practitioners Alliance
- New Professionals
- Public Affairs and Government
- Travel and Tourism
Each Section provides members:
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking opportunities online and at select events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Section newsletter
- Discounts to Section sponsored events (when applicable)
MyPRSA is our members-only, secure, private community that empowers our members to create meaningful communication and share resources. It is a great place to connect with more than 21,000 PR and communication professionals, get answers to your most pressing questions and share your own insights and experiences with other members.
With more than 800 discussions the community has quickly become a popular member benefit as it provides members with a new way of engaging with peers all over the country.
What PRSA members using the community for:
- Share information and resources quickly
- Solve problems
- Ask questions
- Get feedback
- Seeking out recommendations