The Atlas Award recognizes a public relations practitioner who has made extraordinary contributions to the practice and profession of public relations in an international environment over the span of his or her career. The recipient need not be a member of PRSA.
Complete the online nomination form, which will ask for the following information:
- A two-page summary of the nominee’s qualifications that addresses the judging criteria.
- Three seconding letters that address the judging criteria. Note that one of the three seconding letters must be from the highest ranking officer of a unit of PRSA, such as a Chapter, Section or District.
- The nominee’s professional bio.
- A list of professional accomplishments and innovations in international public relations, focusing on work done for employers, clients, government agencies, NGOs or other global/multinational organizations.
- A list of outstanding achievements on behalf of the development of international “best practices” in public relations.
- A list of service to national or international public relations organizations and associations.
- A list of other activities and awards. Include leadership positions held in organizations and awards you have received.
- The nominee’s headshot.
Professional Achievements: Detail the nominee’s extraordinary professional accomplishments and innovations in international public relations, focusing on a substantial body of work conducted for employers, clients, government agencies, NGOs or other global/multinational organizations.
Contributions to the Profession: Document the nominee’s contribution to the development of international “best practices” in public relations.
Service to Professional Organizations: Cite the nominee’s service to national or international public relations organizations and associations
All entries are reviewed and scored by PRSA’s Honors & Awards Committee according to the judging criteria and then approved by PRSA’s Board of Directors. The winner will be notified in late summer and invited to accept the award at PRSA’s International Conference.
NOTE: The nomination deadline is July 17, 2017.
To avoid a conflict of interest, the PRSA Chair is not eligible to receive an individual award during his or her term of office and for two years thereafter. Officers and members of the National PRSA Board of Directors and the National Honors & Awards Committee are not eligible to receive an Individual Award.
2017 – No Award
2016 – No Award
2015 – No Award
2014 – David Gallagher
2013 – Dean A. Kruckeberg, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA
2012 – Paulo Nassar
2011 – No Award
2010 – John L. Paluszek, APR, Fellow PRSA
2009 – Michael Morley, President, Morley Corporate Consulting Ltd. (USA)
2008 – Ceyda Aydede, President , Founder Global Public Relations & Consulting (Turkey)
2007 – Loula Zaklama, President and Managing Director, Rada Research and Public Relations (Egypt)
2007 – Jack Bergen, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Marketing, Siemens Corporation (USA)
2006 – Mike Okereke, President, Business Education Examinations Council (Nigeria)
2006 – Manuel Alonso M., President & CEO, Imagenes Nte, S.A. De C.V. (Mexico)
2005 – Betûl Mardin, IPRA, Fellow, President and Founding Parnter of I.M.A.G.E. Public Relations
2004 – Sylvan M. Barnet, Jr. and Arthur Reef, co-founders, Barnet & Reef Associates/PR International (USA).
2003 – Daniel J. Edelman, APR, Fellow PRSA, Founder and Chairman, Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. (USA).
2002 – Göran E. Sjöberg, President, Göran Sjöberg Public Relations AB (Sweden)
2001 – Barbara M. Burns, APR, IPRA Fellow, President, Barbara Burns & Associates, Inc. (USA)
2000 – Gavin Anderson, Chairman, Gavin Anderson & Company Worldwide (USA)
1999 – Jacques Coup de Frejac, International Consultant, Fleishman-Hillard (France)
1999 – Dennis Buckle, United Africa Company (UK)
1998 – Lawrence Foster, former Corporate Vice President for Public Relations, Johnson & Johnson. (USA)
1997 – Harold Burson, Founder and Chairman of Burson-Marsteller (USA)
1996 – Taiji Kohara, Founder of the Public Relations Society of Japan (posthumous award)
1996 – Jos‚ Rolim Vanlenca, Founder of Reseda S.C. Ltda. (Brazil)
1995 – John M. Reed, APR, PRSA Fellow, Founder and Chairman, Consultants in Public Relations, SA.