The award is named in honor of the late Patrick Jackson, APR, Fellow PRSA, one of the most widely known and respected practitioners in the public relations profession. His vision and his many contributions to the growth of PRSA are legendary.
The award recognizes an experienced PRSA member in good standing whose work supporting Chapters, Districts and/or National and whose inspiration of fellow practitioners professionally and personally has significantly advanced PRSA.
Complete the online nomination form, which will ask for the following information:
- A two-page summary of the nominee’s qualifications that addresses the judging criteria.
- Three seconding letters addressing the judging criteria to support the nominee’s qualifications. One must be from a Chapter President, Section Chair, District Chair, National Task Force Chair, or National Committee Chair. In addition, at least one letter should be from a person who has been mentored or inspired by nominee.
- The nominee’s professional bio.
- A list of PRSA activities and awards. Include Chapter, District, Section, and National service and offices held, and honors and awards such as APR or College of Fellows designation received from PRSA.
- A list of other activities and awards. Include leadership positions held in organizations other than PRSA, and awards received.
- Describe mentoring/internship programs nominee has participated in and ways in which individuals and/or groups have been inspired by his/her counsel.
- The nominee’s headshot.
- Outline how the nominee’s actions and participation have impacted the growth of PRSA.
Demonstrate how the nominee has impacted and advanced PRSA through his or her actions on its behalf.
Demonstrate contributions to the profession and to professionals.
Showcase the impact on the community due to initiatives by the nominee.
Demonstrate sustained engagement over time.
All entries are reviewed and scored by PRSA’s Honors & Awards Committee according to the judging criteria and then approved by PRSA’s Board of Directors. The winner will be notified in late summer and invited to accept the award at PRSA’s International Conference.
NOTE: The nomination deadline is July 16, 2018.
To avoid a conflict of interest, the PRSA Chair is not eligible to receive an individual award during his or her term of office and for two years thereafter. Officers and members of the National PRSA Board of Directors and the National Honors & Awards Committee are not eligible to receive an Individual Award.
2018 – No Award
2017 – Maria P. Russell, APR, Fellow PRSA
2016 – Abbie S. Fink
2015 – Gary D. McCormick, APR, Fellow PRSA
2014 – Kathleen Larey Lewton, MHA, APR, Fellow PRSA
2013 – No Award
2012 – No Award
2011 – No Award
2010 – Ferne Bonomi, APR, Fellow PRSA
2009 – No Award
2008 – Art Stevens, APR, Fellow PRSA
2007 – No Award
2006 – Melvin L. Sharpe, APR, Fellow PRSA
2005 – Dwayne Summar, APR, Fellow PRSA
2004 – James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA
2003 – Deanna K.W. Pelfrey, APR, Fellow PRSA
2002 – John L. Paluszek, APR, Fellow PRSA
2001 – Betsy Ann Plank, APR, Fellow PRSA