How to Apply for Membership in the College of Fellows
To be considered for admission to the College of Fellows, PRSA members must meet a stringent list of qualifications and complete the application process by the applicable deadlines. Applications are reviewed by the Fellows Selection Committee, which recommends new Fellows to the PRSA National Board of Directors for approval.
The criteria and application process are outlined below. You can also listen to the podcast of the “Preparing to Apply” webinar or download its complementary PowerPoint explaining the process. Also available is an example timeline to assist you in preparing your application.
College of Fellows: Preparing to Apply
- Current PRSA membership
- Minimum of 240 months’ public relations and communication experience
- Current accreditation in Public Relations (APR)
- Demonstrated superior professional capability in the practice/teaching of public relations
- Advanced the profession
- Contributed to the profession or the community through service and leadership
- Served as a role model in the profession and the community
In addition, you must provide six letters of support with your application.
- 2019 Application
- Application Instructions
- Chapter/Section/District Comment Form
- Reapplication Instructions
- Application Processing Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions
- College of Fellows Application Processing Fee — $50 (You must be logged in)
- All applications and letters are due by 5 p.m. (EDT), the first Thursday in May.
- Selection Committee meets to discuss applications in late June.
- Recommendations are submitted during the July meeting of the PRSA board.
- Applicants are then notified of their status by first week of August.
- New inductees are inducted into the College during the PRSA International Conference.
GoodFellows are members of the College who help candidates with the application process. Request a GoodFellow, if you are considering starting the application process.