Membership in the College of Fellows: How to apply
To be considered for admission to the College of Fellows, PRSA members must meet a stringent list of qualifications and complete the application process by the applicable deadlines. Applications are reviewed by the Fellows Selection Committee, which recommends new Fellows to the PRSA National Board of Directors for approval.
The criteria and application process are outlined below. You can also listen to the podcast of the “Preparing to Apply” webinar or download its complementary PowerPoint explaining the process. Also available is a sample timeline to assist your application preparations.
College of Fellows: Preparing to Apply
- Current PRSA member
- Minimum of 20 years of public relations experience
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
- Demonstrated superior professional capability in the practice/teaching of public relations
- Advanced the profession
- Contributed to the profession or the community through service and leadership
- Served as a role model in the profession and the community
In addition, you must provide six letters of support with your application.
- 2018 Application
- Application Instructions
- Applicant Information Form
- Chapter/Section/District Comment Form
- Reapplication Instructions
- Application Processing Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions
- All applications and letters are due by 5 p.m. (EDT), the first Thursday in May.
- The Selection Committee meets to discuss applications the last week in June.
- Recommendations are submitted during the July meeting of the PRSA Board of Directors.
- Applicants are notified of their status the first week in August.
- New inductees formally join the College during the PRSA International Conference.
GoodFellows are members of the College who help candidates with the application process. Contact a GoodFellow, if you are considering starting the application process.