PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
- March 21-22, 2019: Secrets of Media Relations Masters, Michael Smart, Atlanta
Join media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents a two-day event designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. You can register for both days or attend on either day one or day two.
- Day 1: Placements Without Pitching – Building Media Relationships
- Day 2: Crafting the Perfect Pitch – Boost Your Placements With Proven Formulas for Success
- On-Demand: Crisis Communication Certificate Program
Effective crisis communication can help organizations maintain trust, inspire consumer confidence and build competitive advantage. Recent poorly handled crises in business, government and nonprofits show how ineffective crisis communication can set an organization back significantly. Designed as an on-demand, certificate of completion program, the Crisis Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices in industry perspectives by sharing resources and ideas, and working through various crises.
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
- On-Demand: Reputation Management Certificate Program
This on-demand, professional development offering is designed as a certificate-of-completion program to equip management-level communicators with a solid perspective of best practices and resources to meet the changing expectations of senior management for Reputation Leadership. Additionally, member participants will be given access to PRSA’s Reputation Management Community, an exclusive online forum offering private access and interactive dialogue with other members taking the course.
- Oct. 20–22, 2019: PRSA 2019 International Conference, San Diego
At this time, we’re busy planning next year’s International Conference in sunny San Diego on Oct. 20-22. Take advantage of our special rate of $995 by registering by Dec. 31, 2018 (this rate will be the lowest registration price that will ever be offered for PRSA’s 2019 International Conference).
Section Conferences (Industry-Specific Events)
- April 10–12, 2019: Counselors to Higher Education (CHE) 2019 Senior Summit, Washington, D.C.
- April 24–26: Health Academy 2019 Conference, Phoenix
- May 5–7: Counselors Academy 2019 Conference, St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- May 15–17: Employee Communications Connect ’19 Conference, Phoenix
- June 6–8: Public Affairs and Government (PAG) 2019 Summit, Detroit
- June 16–19: Travel and Tourism 2019 Conference, Philadelphia
- June 27–29: Corporate Communications 2019 Conference, New York
- The Definitive Guide to PR Writing (package), Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- The Definitive Guide to Writing Like a Journalist Without Having to Be One: Get More Placements, Page Views and Shares by Showing Up the Smart Way
- How to Write News Releases Management Will Love and No Editor Can Ignore
- Polishing for PR Perfection: Master Proofreading Principles and Grammar for Boosting Your Credibility and Results
- PR Writing Mastery: How to Set Your PR Writing Apart From Everyone Else and Maximize Your Impact
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
Chapter Events (Local Events)
- April 25, 2019: PRSA Charlotte Chapter, PRSA Charlotte Communications Symposium, Charlotte, N.C.
Looking for more Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
- Feb. 19–20, 2019: Art of the Storyteller, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, San Diego
- April 10–11: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Charleston, S.C.
- June 4–5: Write for Readability, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Minneapolis
- July 24–26: Reach Readers Online, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland
- Sept. 17–18: Write Better, Easier & Faster, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New York
- Nov. 13–14: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New Orleans