PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
- Nov. 7–10: APR Boot Camp, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
This three-day intensive course is for candidates to prepare for and be Advanced through the Panel Presentation™, and take the computer-based Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication (APR+M). This course is designed to provide a setting that will meet the needs of busy professionals whose schedules don’t permit extensive preparation time. Registration Closed.
- Nov. 9: Essential Communication Skills for Leaders, Blythe Campbell, APR, Portland, Ore.
In this fast-paced workshop, you’ll learn how technology impacts leadership communication, the digital communication skills every leader must have, and how you can work with leaders to effectively use digital channels.
- Nov. 16: Future Communications: Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and 360-Video Workshop for PR, Cathy Hackl, APR, San Francisco
Whether you’re a techie or traditionalist, get ready for the next era of communications! Futurist Cathy Hackl, and one of the leading women in the VR AR industry, has been to the far frontiers of technology for PR and communications and will share what lies ahead. Whether it’s virtual reality (VR) helping to reinvent storytelling and experiential events or augmented reality (AR) apps transforming the way we try on makeup, a new technological shift is ushering in an era where content is no longer flat, it’s now 3D/360, virtual and sometimes holographic. You’ll discuss how immersive technologies impact PR and newsgathering, content marketing and social media. Delve into the new ways brands will tell stories and what tools professionals need to embrace now. This workshop includes a hands-on portion where attendees will be able to create their own AR filters or 360-videos.
- March 21-22, 2019: Secrets of Media Relations Masters, Michael Smart, Atlanta
Join media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents a two-day event designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. You can register for both days or attend on either day one or day two.
- Day 1: Placements Without Pitching – Building Media Relationships
- Day 2: Crafting the Perfect Pitch – Boost Your Placements With Proven Formulas for Success
- Oct. 31–Dec. 12: Content Marketing Certificate Program, Live Online Course (Six Modules)
The Content Marketing Certificate Program is designed to teach and empower you to develop content strategies and tactics that deliver quantifiable business outcomes. Master the ability to create and re-purpose content that aligns with your business goals. Leverage your content across paid, earned, shared and owned platforms. Define ways to collect data to enable you to analyze the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- On-Demand: Crisis Communication Certificate Program
Effective crisis communication can help organizations maintain trust, inspire consumer confidence and build competitive advantage. Recent poorly handled crises in business, government and nonprofits show how ineffective crisis communication can set an organization back significantly. Designed as an on-demand, certificate of completion program, the Crisis Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices in industry perspectives by sharing resources and ideas, and working through various crises.
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
- On-Demand: Reputation Management Certificate Program
This on-demand, professional development offering is designed as a certificate-of-completion program to equip management-level communicators with a solid perspective of best practices and resources to meet the changing expectations of senior management for Reputation Leadership. Additionally, member participants will be given access to PRSA’s Reputation Management Community, an exclusive online forum offering private access and interactive dialogue with other members taking the course.
- Dec. 6–7: PRSA Marketing and Digital Communications Conference, San Diego
The PRSA Marketing and Digital Communications Conference is an exciting new conference for communication professionals designed to immerse them in the world of integrated marketing communications. Over the course of this fast-paced, unique event, attendees will learn how owned, earned and paid media work together to build communications campaigns that deliver extraordinary results. Saver Rate Deadline: Oct. 18, 2018.
- The Definitive Guide to PR Writing (package), Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- The Definitive Guide to Writing Like a Journalist Without Having to Be One: Get More Placements, Page Views and Shares by Showing Up the Smart Way
- How to Write News Releases Management Will Love and No Editor Can Ignore
- Polishing for PR Perfection: Master Proofreading Principles and Grammar for Boosting Your Credibility and Results
- PR Writing Mastery: How to Set Your PR Writing Apart From Everyone Else and Maximize Your Impact
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
- Nov. 6: Get More Media Coverage: Quick Changes to Outreach That Yield Big Results
- Nov. 15: Master the Art of the Storyteller
- Dec. 11: Elevate the Quality of Your Performance
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
Chapter Events (Local Events)
- Oct. 17: Southern Wisconsin Chapter, Harness the Power of Storytelling to Inspire Results, Milwaukee
- Oct. 18: Houston Chapter, Rocket Your Career by Building Extraordinary Relationships, Houston
- Oct. 24: Maryland Chapter, Insider Secrets to Thriving in the Executive Suite, Baltimore
- Nov. 7: Las Vegas Valley Chapter, Pinnacle Awards, Las Vegas
- Nov. 7: Maryland Chapter, Launch Your Leadership Journey the Right Way, Baltimore
- Nov. 14: Southern Wisconsin Chapter, PR PALOOZA: A Celebration of the Menomonee River Valley’s Rebirth, Milwaukee
- April 25: PRSA Charlotte Chapter, PRSA Charlotte Communications Symposium, Charlotte, N.C.
Looking for more Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
- Nov. 7–8: Think Inside the Inbox: Get Opened, Read & Clicked Through, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Washington, D.C.
- Feb. 19–20: Master the Art of the Storyteller, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, San Diego