PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
- May 11: Executive Presence for PR Professionals, Jay Sullivan, New York
Executive presence is no longer a nice-to-have in the global arena – it is essential to win the next deal, land the next assignment, lead a great team, impact change and drive the bottom line. This program will help you recognize your greatest professional qualities and help you stand out from the competition.
- June 7–8: Crisis Communication Master Class, Helio Fred Garcia and Adam Tiouririne, Chicago
The PRSA Crisis Communication Master Class is a professional development offering that is designed as an in-depth, in-person, two-day immersion in advanced best practices in crisis communication. The in-class instruction, role-play and exercises are structured to help participants master crisis communication best practices through real-world work.
- June 14: Public Relations Strategic Planning, Stacey Smith, APR, Fellow PRSA, Miami
This workshop will teach you how to build a comprehensive, behavioral strategic plan, plus give you an opportunity to begin to develop the framework of a strategic plan you can use. Designed for practitioners who are responsible for their department’s (or client’s) strategic plan, or are a key voice in its development.
- September 13-14: Secrets of Media Relations Masters, Michael Smart, New York
Join media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents a two-day event designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. The first day will focus on laying the foundation required for superior pitching success. The strategies you learn in day two of the workshop have been used by previous attendees to get coverage in top-tier national media such as the front page of The New York Times, in The Wall Street Journal and USA Today, and on CNN and NBC’s “Today.”
- September 21: Visual Content and Media Relations, Malayna Evans, Ph.D., Washington, D.C. area
Visual storytelling done well increases engagement, explains and summarizes complex information, speeds up comprehension, tugs the heartstrings and motivates action. This is why visuals are now at the heart of brand identity and content creation to a greater degree than ever before. This workshop will discuss tactics for creating and sharing highly branded, engaging and transferable media-facing assets.
Case in Point
- July 25: How a Duck Helped Brand a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program, Online
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) isn’t just a nice thing to do — it’s a business imperative. Setting and implementing initiatives is a good start, but developing sustainable branded CSR initiatives that demonstrate a measurable return on investment that aligns with business objectives is the goal. Saver Rate Deadline: July 11, 2018
- May 16–June 20: Reputation Risk Management Certificate Program, Live Online Course (Six Modules)
The Reputation Risk Management (RRM) Certificate Program is designed to equip management-level communicators with advanced perspective, best practices and a practical, implementation-ready approach to managing Reputation Risk. Saver Rate Deadline: April 19, 2018
- Aug. 15–Sept. 19: Measurement and Analytics Certificate Program, Live Online Course (Six Modules)
The Measurement and Analytics Certificate Program goes well beyond simply measuring the effectiveness of communication. You will also learn how to build research into the beginning of your communications planning process in ways that are fast, easy and inexpensive. At the end of resource-intensive communication campaigns that involve audience behavior changes, you’ll be able to calculate the marginal ROI on your organization’s communication investment. Saver Rate Deadline: July 18, 2018
- Oct. 31 – Dec. 12: Content Marketing Certificate Program, Live Online Course (Six Modules)
The Content Marketing Certificate Program is designed to teach and empower you to develop content strategies and tactics that deliver quantifiable business outcomes. Master the ability to create and re-purpose content that aligns with your business goals. Leverage your content across paid, earned, shared and owned platforms. Define ways to collect data to enable you to analyze the effectiveness of your campaigns. Saver Rate Deadline: October 4, 2018
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
On-Demand The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
Section Events (Industry Specific Events)
- April 25–27: Health Academy Conference, Washington D.C.
- May 6–8: Counselors Academy Conference, Toronto
- May 16–18: Employee Communications Connect 18 Conference, Nashville, Tenn.
- June 3–6: Travel & Tourism Conference, New Orleans
- Register by May 7 to save $100
- June 14–16: Public Affairs and Government (PAG) Summit, Kansas City, Mo.
- Register by May 24 to save $100
- June 21–22: Corporate Communications Conference, New York
- Register by May 29 to save $100
- Aug. 9: New Pros Summit: Careers in PRogress, New York
- Aug. 9–10: InterSections Conference, Anaheim, Calif.
- Register by July 18 to save $100
- Oct. 6: Association⁄Nonprofit Conference, Austin, Texas
- Register by Sept. 7 to save $100
- Oct. 6: Educators Academy Super Saturday, Austin, Texas
2018 InterSections Conference
- Aug. 9–10: InterSections Conference, Anaheim, Calif.
The PRSA InterSections Conference will feature three distinct Learning Tracks with programming specifically tailored to the needs of technology, financial, entertainment and sports communicators. Attendees will select their Learning Track during the registration process and will join a series of breakout sessions curated by leaders in each industry. The program will also bring attendees together for shared general sessions and networking. Saver Rate Deadline: July 18, 2018
2018 International Conference
- Oct. 7–9: International Conference, Austin, Texas
The International Conference is headed to the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin, TX! Join us for the PRSA 2018 International Conference, taking place Oct. 7-9, 2018 at the JW Marriott Austin. Click here to reserve your hotel room. Saver Rate Deadline: Aug. 24, 2018
2018 District Conferences (Regional Events)
- April 22–24: North Pacific District Conference, Seattle
- May 3: Midwest District Conference, Baraboo, Wis.
- June 1: Northeast District Conference, Buffalo, N.Y.
- July 12–14: Sunshine District Conference, Jupiter, Fla.
- Advanced PR Writing: Apply Creativity, Style and Voice for Greater Impact, Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Crafting the Perfect Pitch, Michael Smart
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
- PR Writing Essentials: Write Like a Journalist for Greater Media Placement & Audience Engagement, Michael Smart
- Press Releases: Woo Editors and Wow the Public in the Digital Age, Michael Smart
- Proofing and Grammar for PR: Master Proofreading Principles & Grammar for Maximum Credibility, Michael Smart
- Writing Skills to Increase PR Reach and Results, Michael Smart
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
- April 24: Secrets of the PR Startup: Lessons From the First Three Years in Business
- May 1: In the Wake of Tragedy: Best Practices From Orlando’s Nightclub Shooting
- May 10: CSR Storytelling: How to Personalize a Social Issue and Elevate Your Brand
- May 15: Digital First: Incorporating Digital Strategies for PR Success (Hosted by the Corporate Communications Section)
- May 22: Responding to Controversial External Social Events
- May 29: Going #Rogue: Losing Control of Your Social Media
- May 31: Reading, Writing and ROI
- June 5: Make Video Work For You
- June 7: Trending Technology Tactics for the Communications Professional
- June 14: Building Effective Crisis Response Strategies in an Omni-channel Age
- June 19: Supercharge Your PR Writing for Better Results
- July 17: Turn on Your Idea Machine
- July 19: Writing Boot Camp
- Sept. 4: Timely Talent Training & Talk
- Sept. 20: Get Opened, Clicked, Read & Shared
- Nov. 6: Get More Media Coverage: Quick Changes to Outreach That Yield Big Results
- Nov. 15: Master the Art of the Storyteller
- Dec. 11: Elevate the Quality of Your Performance
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
Chapter Events (Local Events)
- May 3: Madison Chapter, PRO Day, Baraboo, Wis.
- May 7: Colorado Chapter, 2018 Gold Pick Awards, Denver
- May 10: Minnesota Chapter, The Implications of New Media on PR and Crisis Management, Richfield, Minn.
- May 11: PRSA Boston, Social Media Summit, Waltham, Mass.
- May 17: Orange County Chapter, Angels Game with Meet and Greet with Tim Mead, Anaheim, Calif.
Looking for more Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
- April 27: PR Measurement Virtual Summit, online. Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- May 1–2: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Denver
- May 4: Content Marketing Virtual Summit, online. Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- June 12–13: Writing for The Web and Mobile, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Chicago
- July 25–26: Master the Art of the Storyteller, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland, Ore.
- Sept. 6–7: Not Your Father’s News Release, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Atlanta
- Oct. 2–3: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Dallas
- Nov. 7–8: Think Inside the Inbox: Get Opened, Read & Clicked Through, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Washington, D.C.