PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
- April 4-May 9: Executive Communication Online Series
This live, online, six-session program is designed to help communication professionals obtain the strategic knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to develop successful, quantifiable business outcomes. It will air on consecutive Thursdays from noon to 1:15 p.m. EDT.
The six sessions are:
- Research and Planning
- Implementation and Evaluation
- Managing PR and Communication Issues
- Leading PR and Communication Function
- Managing Relationships
- Applying Ethics and Law
- May 22-June 26: Digital Communication Certificate Program
This live, online, six-session program will equip management-level communicators with best practices within digital content strategy, personas, digital storytelling, writing for SEO and the web, digital innovation and the measurement of digital communication. Register by April 24 to get discounted Early Bird pricing!
- May 2-3: PR Boot Camp, Washington, D.C.
- May 10: Emotional Intelligence: The Next Frontier for Communication Leaders, Los Angeles
- May 16: Maximize Owned and Earned Media to Garner (Real) Results, Chicago
- May 22: Visual Storytelling Boot Camp, San Francisco
- June 7: Behavioral Communication: The Latest Science of Being Heard, New York
- June 13-14: PR Strategy, Boston
- June 18-19: Communication Research and Measurement Master Class, Chicago
- July 9-10: Increasing Personal Effectiveness Master Class, New York
- July 18-19: Crisis Communication Master Class, Seattle
- Sept. 13: When to Use Videos — and Learn How To Make Them Yourself, New York
- On-Demand: How the PESO Model Changes the Conversation for Communicators
The PESO model takes the four media types — paid, earned, shared and owned — and merges them together for an integrated — and measurable — communications program. Most of the industry had adopted the model, but not many truly know how it all works together and drives business results. Join Gini Dietrich, the founder and author of “Spin Sucks” and creator of the PESO model, to learn how to implement it within your organization.
- On-Demand: Crisis Communication Certificate Program
Effective crisis communication can help organizations maintain trust, inspire consumer confidence and build competitive advantage. Recent poorly handled crises in business, government and nonprofits show how ineffective crisis communication can set an organization back significantly. Designed as an on-demand, certificate of completion program, the Crisis Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices in industry perspectives by sharing resources and ideas, and working through various crises.
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
- On-Demand: Reputation Management Certificate Program
This on-demand, professional development offering is designed as a certificate-of-completion program to equip management-level communicators with a solid perspective of best practices and resources to meet the changing expectations of senior management for Reputation Leadership.
- Oct. 20–22: PRSA 2019 International Conference, San Diego
At this time, we’re busy planning PRSA’s 2019 International Conference, scheduled for sunny San Diego on Oct. 20-22.
Save $100 — Register by Sept. 13, 2019!
Section Conferences (Industry-Specific Events)
- April 24–26: Health Academy 2019 Conference, Phoenix
- May 5–7: Counselors Academy 2019 Conference, St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- May 15–17: Employee Communications Connect19 Conference, Phoenix
Saver Rate expires April 23—Register here!
- May 30: New Professionals Summit, #CareersinPRogress, Silicon Valley, Calif.
- June 6–8: Public Affairs and Government (PAG) 2019 Summit, Detroit
Saver Rate expires May 14—Register here!
- June 16–19: Travel and Tourism 2019 Conference, Philadelphia
Saver Rate expires May 20—Register here!
- June 27–28: Corporate Communications 2019 Conference, New York
Saver Rate expires June 4—Register here!
- The Definitive Guide to PR Writing (package), Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- The Definitive Guide to Writing Like a Journalist Without Having to Be One: Get More Placements, Page Views and Shares by Showing Up the Smart Way
- How to Write News Releases Management Will Love and No Editor Can Ignore
- Polishing for PR Perfection: Master Proofreading Principles and Grammar for Boosting Your Credibility and Results
- PR Writing Mastery: How to Set Your PR Writing Apart From Everyone Else and Maximize Your Impact
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
- April 24: Reach Readers Online
- May 9: Now That You Got My Attention, What Do You Want: Making the Compelling Argument to the Boss When Budgets Are on the Line
- May 21: Brands Taking a Stand Against Social Injustices – When Staying Silent Is No Longer an Option
- June 6: Creating Content That Works: How to Get — and Keep — Employees’ Attention
- Aug. 29: How You MUST Adapt Your Media Relations to Survive and Thrive. Presented by Michael Smart
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
- April 24–26: PRSA Southwest District, Houston
- June 7: PRSA Northeast District, Providence, R.I.
- July 25–27: PRSA Sunshine District, Tampa, Fla.
Chapter Events (Local Events)
- April 25: PRSA Charlotte Chapter, PRSA Charlotte Communications Symposium, Charlotte, N.C.
Looking for more Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
- April 16–18: PR & Media Relations Conference at PayPal, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, New York
- April 19: Your 2019 Essential Skills for Social Media Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- April 25: 2019 Graphics for Social Media Webinar, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- May 9: Virtual Summit, The 2019 Google for Communicators Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- May 10: Webcast, Crisis Communications Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- May 30: Webinar, Interacting With Millennials in the Workplace, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- June 4–5: Workshop, Write for Readability, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Minneapolis
- June 19: Webinar, 2019 AP Stylebook, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- July 24–26: Workshop, Reach Readers Online, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland
- July 30-Aug. 1: Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Summit at Facebook, Menlo Park, Calif.
- Sept. 17–18: Workshop, Write Better, Easier & Faster, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New York
- Sept. 19-20: Brand Storytelling Conference at Disneyland, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- Oct. 2-4: Employee Communications, PR and Social Media Summit at Microsoft, Redmond, Wash.
- Nov. 13–14: Workshop, Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New Orleans