Home / PRSSA / Join PRSSA / High School Outreach
High School Outreach
PRSSA National encourages Chapters to reach out to local high schools to educate students about the opportunities of pursuing a career in public relations. Benefits of organizing a high school outreach include:
- Advocating for the public relations industry and the Society.
- Mentorship and networking opportunities.
- Further development of public speaking and event planning skills.
- Unifying the Chapter on a project that gives back to the younger generation of students.
Interested in engaging high school students in your local community? Below are some ideas for how your Chapter can organize high school outreach.
- Send a group of members to a local high school to conduct a presentation at classes such as journalism, yearbook, graphic design, media studies, TV production, honors English, etc.
- Invite high school students to attend a PRSSA Chapter meeting, workshop or social activity.
- Organize a Zoom presentation or Twitter chat and invite high school students to participate.
Download the High School Outreach Presentation Template and access the Why PR: What Motivates You? (Video) to get started today.