Advancing the Profession and the Future Professional
Founded in 1967, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the foremost organization for students interested in public relations and communications. We advocate rigorous academic standards for public relations education, the highest ethical principles and diversity in the profession.
Who We Are
PRSSA is made up of nearly 7,000 students and advisers organized into 300+ Chapters in the United States, Argentina, Colombia and Peru. We are headquartered in New York City, and led by a National Committee of PRSSA and PRSA members. We have a rich history of support from our parent organization, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), which offers professional development, networking opportunities and news.
Enhance Your Education
PRSSA can help you gain the experience and practical knowledge employers are seeking. We offer internship listings, competitions, scholarships, awards and leadership opportunities that allow you to develop your skills as both a communications professional and a leader. In addition, PRSSA provides publications, news and social media to keep you updated on organization and industry trends.
Broaden Your Network
PRSSA will connect you to a network of peers and professionals who will become lifelong friends and mentors. We facilitate the development of valuable relationships with future colleagues through PRSSA National and District events, PRSSA Chapters and social media. We also provide the opportunity to meet current professionals who are eager to help you navigate your career. You’ll be exposed to the best of the best through your PRSA sponsor Chapter, Champions for PRSSA, by searching the PRSA member directory or by attending District or National events.
Launch Your Career
If you want to jumpstart your career in public relations and communications, there is no better place than PRSSA. As a PRSSA member, you can use the PRSA Jobcenter and PRSSA Internship Center to find public relations internship or employment opportunities all over the world and across a number of industries. When you graduate, you also may join PRSA for just $60 a year as an Associate Member, connecting you to 110 Chapters, 14 Professional Interest Sections.Learn More
Leadership & Contacts
- National President
- Immediate Past President
- Vice President of Brand Engagement
- Vice President of Career Services
- Vice President of Chapter Development
- Vice President of Digital Communications
- Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion
- Vice President of Events and Fundraising
- Vice President of Member Services
- Vice President of Professional Development
- National Faculty Adviser
- National Professional Adviser
- PRSA Board Liaison, Heide Harrell, APR
- PRSA Board Liaison, Ray Day
- PRSA Senior Vice President of Programming
- PRSA Board Liaison, Jeff Wilson, APR
- National Initiatives
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Champions for PRSSA
- Learn About Public Relations
- Celebrate Diversity and 75 years of PRSA Connecting Professionals and Moving PR Forward