Being a dues-paying member of PRSSA will open many doors to launch your career. The Internship & Jobs hub will connect you to professional development resources like the Career Resources Manual, the PRSSA Internship Center, the PRSA Jobcenter and various PRSA resources.
Each of these resources will contribute to your personal and professional development throughout your time in PRSSA. Don’t hesitate to utilize them or reach out to the vice president of career services with any questions.
Partners for Diversity: The Internship Preview
Coming into its second year, PRSSA has partnered with FINN Partners to provide up to 75 PRSSA members from underrepresented backgrounds with a virtual preview of their mentor/internship program. "Partners for Diversity: The Internship Preview" will enable students to learn more about the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in public relations, marketing and communications and what a day in the life of an agency professional is like. The application for this program will launch on Dec. 7, 2021 and will close on Jan. 14, 2022.
The internship preview will be held February 7–11, 2022. Students selected can expect the following and more.
- To be assigned to a FINN Partners mentor.
- To attend sessions led by FINN Partners top leaders.
- To take part in internal-client meeting with assigned mentor.
- To participate in a pitch brainstorming session alongside other mentees to create a quick targeted media list, short pitch and follow-up tactics.
- To hear from young professionals of color on their experience at FINN Partners and in the industry.
- To learn resume and interview best practices from an expert team of recruiters.
- To participate in an optional writing assignment.
All participants who complete the program will have an opportunity to apply for upcoming internship positions.