For the third consecutive year, PRSSA is partnering with Finn Partners, one of the fastest-growing global, independent marketing and communications agencies in the world, to present FINN Partners - Partners for Diversity: A PR & Marketing Career Preview. Selected participants in this program, open to students of traditionally underrepresented backgrounds, will learn more about the inner workings of a global communications agency and the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in public relations. They will also have the opportunity to work with a FINN mentor. Students who complete the program will have an opportunity to apply for upcoming internship positions at FINN. Applications close at 9 a.m. ET on Feb. 21.
The virtual programming for the career preview will be held the week of March 27 and will only require a small-time commitment over a few days. While recordings will be shared, participants are strongly encouraged to join live to capture as much of the conversation and insights as possible. Students selected can expect the following and more.
- To be assigned to a FINN Partners mentor.
- To attend virtual sessions led by FINN Partners top leaders.
- To take part in internal-client meeting with assigned mentor.
- To participate in a pitch brainstorming session alongside other mentees to create a quick targeted media list, short pitch and follow-up tactics.
- To hear from young professionals of color on their experience at FINN Partners and in the industry.
- To learn resume and interview best practices from an expert team of recruiters.
- To participate in an optional writing assignment.