In Between Jobs?
The last year has presented its share of challenges — not least among them, furloughs, layoffs and hiring freezes in agencies, private and public companies, and across a plethora of industry verticals, impacting PRSA members. Let PRSA be your partner in accessing the career-stimulating connections and community you need to find your next job, advance in your professional life, and expand your opportunities.
Join PRSA now at a deep discount.
If you have been forced to make tough choices on the best way to invest in finding your next position, we would like to help by keeping you connected to the PRSA network and resources at reduced professional membership dues for one year, along with
additional savings to help you get moving toward a brighter future.
If you are currently unemployed, take advantage of PRSA’s “In Between Jobs” program:
- Receive one full year of PRSA professional membership at a 50% discount, saving you $130 on the regular membership rate of $260.
- We will waive reinstatement fees for returning members, another $35 savings.
- Receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Independent Practitioners Alliance (IPA).
Use the CODE: INBETWEEN when joining.Activate your membership now!
Check out the largest public relations and communications-focused job board, with thousands of current job listings and new jobs posted every day. Receive a targeted career e-newsletter each week, spotlighting valuable tips, resources and information on building your personal brand. Access career coaching, resume review, tips for your social media profile, online interviewing advice, and more.
Expand your network when you connect with local Chapters, Districts and online communities where you will meet potential employers, colleagues and experienced professionals ready to support and advise as you find your next job. Join the “In Between Jobs” or “Jobcenter” discussions in MyPRSA.
Considering a different career path?
Consider becoming an independent practitioner, whether temporarily, or as a career shift. Check out the IPA Professional Interest Section, delivering original programming including business resources, to support you in making the transition to an independent practitioner,
Are you a seasoned professional, with an interest in teaching in a college or university? Then investigate PRSA’s Learn to Teach Program. We will connect you with our Educators Academy and others who will help you explore the many opportunities to teach communications.
Managing Your Job Search With Intention
Whether you are engaged in an active job search are simply planning your next career move while employed, creating a job search plan will propel your effort to help you get the results you want. Executive Recruiter and Career Coach Angee Linsey leads this session to expand your job search efforts beyond just applying online and she gives you a new approach to helping others help you make great career move.
Additional member discounts:
- Enjoy exclusive discounts at Office Depot, ADP, FedEx, hotels & more.
- Access the business insurance discount program from Gallagher Affinity.
- Save on insurance for auto, homeowners, renters, motorcycle and more from GEICO.
- Receive car rental discounts on Zipcar, Budget and Avis.
- Qualify for business discounts through UPS.®
- Take advantage of personal and corporate relocation service discounts.