PRSA is proud to present Diverse Dialogues, a series of conversations with leaders in the profession about Diversity and Inclusion and the way forward.
As communications professionals, our voices are critical in bringing about change within our organizations. We must be confident in speaking to our leadership teams and pushing forward critical, and often uncomfortable, conversations about current events and social matters among our employees.
Through Diverse Dialogues, we bring together leaders and experts in Diversity and Inclusion to share insights and best practices to guide communications professionals in having critical conversations to enable real change.
PRSA and PRSSA members will walk away empowered with ideas and resources to begin the conversation with their leadership that will position Diversity and Inclusion as more than a topic for this moment. Members will be inspired to drive the conversation toward including Diversity and Inclusion as foundational to the values for all organizations moving forward.
Race, Culture & Communications:
How Companies & Brands Engage During Transformational Moments to Drive Change
Jul 15, 2020 6:00 p.m. ET
Business and PR agency leaders share insights about effective communications strategies to drive change. During this conversation, leaders will discuss actionable steps to meaningfully engage with a diversity of communities during this moment and beyond.
Soon Mee Kim, Executive Vice President and Global Diversity and Inclusion Leader, Porter Novelli
Trisch L. Smith, Global Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Edelman
Sean Greenwood, Grand Poohbah of Public Relations, Ben & Jerry’s
Idalia Hill, Director Strategy & Operations, PwC
A Celebration of LGBTQ Pride Month
Recorded June 25, 2020
6 – 7 p.m. EDT
Hear from some of the country’s leading LGBTQ PR professionals on how they are building and engaging the LGBTQ community when we can’t be together. Panelists will discuss the importance of authentic LGBTQ -inclusive communications and how PR professionals’ work is crucial in promoting and preserving unity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Moderator: Troy Blackwell Jr., Former National Director of Press Advance of Tom Steyer
- Ben Finzel, President of RENEWPR LLC, and Founder of The Change
- Debbie Ebalobo, Director of External Communications, The Coca-Cola Company
- Rich Ferraro, Chief Communications Officer, GLAAD
Responding to Racial Injustice with Change and Healing
A Celebration of Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Recorded Jun 19, 2020
Carolyn Lok, President, PRSSA 2020-2021 National Committee
- Angela Chitkara, Researcher and Consultant, World in 2020 Project
- Soon Mee Kim, Executive Vice President and Global Diversity and Inclusion Leader, Porter Novelli
- Ted Nguyen, Immediate Past President of OC/PRSA and National Delegate; Senior Manager of External Affairs at the Orange County Transportation Authority