Diverse Dialogues: Crucial Conversations to Increase Hispanic Representation in Communications
September 26, 2022 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time)
This Hispanic Heritage Month webinar will feature a select panel of experts who will share their experiences as Hispanic professionals in communications. It’s imperative to have conversations that highlight and address the challenges faced by professionals of all levels – but especially those that impact this historically marginalized community. It’s unfortunate, but fact: only 13.6% of PR specialists identify as Hispanic or Latino – and only about half of that number are at a leadership level, with just 7.6% describing their role as a PR manager, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Register now to hear from a group of top Hispanic PR and communications leaders from across industries as they share best practices to collectively increase Hispanic-Latino representation in our industry, along with how they’re mentoring the Hispanic leaders of tomorrow. You’ll learn about their professional journeys as well as some of the challenges and victories they’ve faced along the way. Most importantly, you will hear how you can be an ally, and continue to grow your own Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts.
This Diverse Dialogues panel discussion is hosted by the PRSA Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Justine Mrsich, APR, account supervisor, Ogilvy; 2022 PRSA Hispanic-Latino Affinity group lead and PRSA Western District chair; immediate past president, OC/PRSA
- Sonia V. Diaz, founder and president, Zaid Communications
- Rosanna Fiske, APR, Fellow PRSA, global chief communications officer, Royal Caribbean Group
- Ana Toro, APR, Fellow PRSA, public affairs officer, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Paul D. Villagran, assistant professor of practice and PRSSA Faculty Adviser, Texas State University, San Marcos