About the UAB
The Universal Accreditation Board (UAB) is a diverse group of educators, military public affairs personnel, and public relations and communication professionals who oversee the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) program. While the job titles and experiences of board members may or may not say “public relations,” their assorted backgrounds and participation in various organizations are vital to supporting Accreditation.
While PRSA administers day-to-day operations, the UAB performs regular tasks, which include:
- Developing and implementing policy for the program.
- Formulating and maintaining the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations.
- Reviewing appeal cases.
- Granting Accreditation.
Participating UAB organizations include:
- Agricultural Relations Council
- Asociación de Relacionistas Profesionales de Puerto Rico
- Florida Public Relations Association
- Maine Public Relations Council
- National Association of Government Communicators
- National School Public Relations Association
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Religion Communicators Council
- Southern Public Relations Federation