Ray Day, APR, to Serve as 2024 Chair-Elect
PRSA announced the individuals elected to its 2024 Board of Directors.
On Oct. 14, the delegates of the 2023 Leadership Assembly elected Ray Day, APR, as chair-elect and eight members to serve in officer and director positions beginning on Jan. 1.
“Ray brings to PRSA an extensive background in communications and business and experience working with multinational organizations,” said Michelle Olson, APR, 2023 Nominating Committee chair. “He will be a great influence on the future of PRSA and the profession, and his contributions will benefit all of our members.”
Officers (one-year term):
- Chair-elect: Ray Day, APR
- Treasurer: Jessica M. Graham, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Secretary: Sam Sims, APR, Fellow PRSA
Directors (two-year term):
- Midwest District Director: Jason J. Sprenger, APR
- Southeast District Director: John Gregory Clemons, APR
- Southwest District Director: Patricia “Reace” Alvarenga Smith, APR
- Sunshine District Director: Christina Morton, APR
- North Pacific District: Janelle Guthrie, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Director At-Large: Michael A. Brown Sr.
In his role as vice chair of Stagwell, which he joined in February 2020, Day leads the integration, innovation and growth of Stagwell’s more than 70 global agencies.
He has more than three decades of experience and insights as a chief communications officer. Prior to Stagwell, he served as IBM’s CCO, leading the company’s global Communications and Corporate Citizenship teams in more than 170 countries. Before IBM, Day was group vice president of communications and served 28 years with Ford.
Honoring the 2023 PRSA Individual Award Recipients
PRSA presented five individual awards during ICON 2023 in Nashville, Tenn., on Oct. 15-17 honoring members who have served the organization with distinction and made a difference in the PR profession.
- Atlas Award for Lifetime Achievement in International Public Relations: Rachana Chowdhary
- Gold Anvil Award: Gary D. McCormick, APR, Fellow PRSA
- D. Parke Gibson Award: Chuck Wallington, Ph.D.
- Outstanding Educator Award: Alisa Agozzino, Ph.D., APR
- Patrick Jackson Award for Distinguished Service to PRSA: Tony D’Angelo, APR, Fellow PRSA
Please visit the PRSA Newsroom for more information on this year’s recipients.
2024 Anvil Awards Now Open for Entries
PRSA is now accepting entries for the 2024 Anvil Awards. And next year marks the 80th anniversary of the premier industry award competition.
So start thinking about which campaigns and projects to enter and spotlight the impact your work has made. Plus, early entrants enjoy significant savings on their entry fees.
Here are the 2024 deadlines for entry:
- Early: Jan. 18
- Regular: Feb. 1
- Final: Feb. 15
Silver Anvils single out strategic campaigns in a wide variety of categories, while Bronze Anvils honor specific tactics. Remember, to streamline the entry process, you can submit your Silver and Bronze Anvil Entries together on the same entry form.
At least some part of the work must have occurred during the period Feb 1, 2022 – Feb 1, 2024, though the program must have been initiated no earlier than Jan 1, 2022.
You can now download the 2024 Anvils entry kit here.