CommTech and Data: What Communications Leaders Need to Know
July 12, 2022 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time)
Communications technology, or commtech, is not new, but it is still vastly underutilized or ineffectively utilized among the strategic communications profession. Gone are the days when media impressions and social post shares were sufficient data sources to demonstrate value. The advanced digital world requires an understanding of how data and advanced analytics can improve decision-making and help organizations learn and engage their most important stakeholders like never before.
In this PRSA Learning webinar, participants will hear from Lisa Kiefer, a former communications practitioner turned data intelligence expert who brings the rare perspective of technical research expertise blended with firsthand knowledge of the requirements of a strategic communications leader. Kiefer, a vice president at the global technology and decision intelligence company Morning Consult, will provide a detailed overview of commtech and the most effective data use strategies she has observed throughout more than 15 years working with Fortune 500 communications, marketing and insights leaders.
The webinar will also feature an interactive Q&A period.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand what commtech is and how it is being applied in strategic communications.
- Incorporate research into campaign planning and evaluation.
- Benchmark and monitor brand awareness and reputation.
- Recognize a crisis early and gain more time to prepare and counsel.
- Enhance the effectiveness of earned media and social campaigns, and more.