Driving Change Through Internal Communications Certificate Program
Sept. 13–Oct. 18, Wednesdays from 3–4:30 p.m. ET
The best internal communications functions are ones that are at the epicenter of powering organizational clarity, business decisions and performance. The challenge is how do you get there?
Driving Change Through Internal Communications will cover the dimensions of what makes up a world-class practitioner and function, helping build the skills and capabilities needed to be successful in the increasing pace of today’s business environment.
Participants will learn strategies, behaviors and best practices with real takeaways they can implement today so they can be on the road to building a best-in-class internal communications function and increasing their impact and influence within their organization.
The certificate program will be led by David Grossman, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA, CSP, a recognized expert in internal and change communications, and will feature all-star guest speakers who will provide in-depth, real-world and leading-edge examples of internal communications.
Designed as a live, online program of six modules, Driving Change Through Internal Communications will launch on September 13 and run through October 18, airing each consecutive Wednesday from 3–4:30 p.m. ET.
All modules will be recorded so that participants can (re)listen or review them after the live date in preparation for the final exam. Additionally, participants will be given access to PRSA’s Online Community, an exclusive forum offering private access and interactive dialogue with other members taking the course.
After successfully completing and passing the 18-question, multiple-choice test at the end of the certificate program, registrants will be awarded a certificate of completion and a digital badge.
This certificate program is designed for:
- Manager and senior-level internal communications and HR professionals.
- Large internal communications teams as well as small-but-mighty teams that punch above their weight.
- Managers and senior-level professionals responsible for employee engagement, culture and other related disciplines.
- Communications leads who support executive and leader communications.
- Communications managers with more than five years of experience.
By the end of this certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Build world-class internal communications.
- Use communications to create business outcomes — fit for purpose in today’s environment and context.
- Play a major role in business-critical change efforts.
- Build deeper advisory relationships and increase their influence across the business.
Certificate Program Modules
- Module 1: Starting With the End in Mind: Building World-Class Internal Communications
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3–4:30 p.m. ET
In this module, participants will gain an understanding of what world-class internal communications looks like and the ways it drives business performance.
Guest Speaker: Laurie Schalow, Chief Corporate Affairs and Food Safety Officer, Chipotle
- Module 2: Communications Planning: A Lever To Driving Business Outcomes
Wednesday, Sept. 20, 3–4:30 p.m. ET
In this module, participants will gain a full understanding around how to deploy communications to create future outcomes.
Guest Speaker: Angela Sinickas, CEO, Sinickas Communications
- Module 3: The New Realities of the Employee Experience
Wednesday, Sept. 27, 3–4:30 p.m. ET
In this module, participants will reframe their thinking around the employee experience today and understand how to best deploy the skills they gained in the prior module.
Guest Speaker: Jennifer George, Head of Communications, Shutterfly
- Module 4: Understanding the Drivers of Change
Wednesday, Oct. 4, 3–4:30 p.m. ET
In this module, participants will gain an understanding of change management and the ways communications can be a driver of this.
Guest Speaker: Morgan Kucic, Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Communications, Stanley Black & Decker
- Module 5: Understanding and Applying the Latest Trends in Internal Communications
Wednesday, Oct. 11, 3–4:30 p.m. ET
In this module, participants will gain an understanding of the latest trends in internal communications including generative AI, tech stacks and measurement / analytics.
Guest Speakers: Angela Sinickas, CEO, Sinickas Communications; and Alice Grey Harrison, APR, Senior Director of Strategic Communications, FORVIS
- Module 6: Growing Your Influence and Impact: Stakeholder and Relationship Management
Wednesday, Oct. 18, 3–4:30 p.m. ET
In this module, participants will learn how to grow their personal influence and cultivate stronger advisory relationships with their key clients.
Guest Speaker: Matt Ragas, Ph.D., Professor, the College of Communication, DePaul University
Accreditation InformationParticipants with the APR credential earn 0.5 renewal CEUs for each completed module of this course, for a total of 3.0 CEUs.
PricingRegistration is now closed.