Best Practices for Writing Leads
September 21, 2023 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time)
Still stuffing all those Ws and the H into the first paragraph? Still writing “XYZ Company today announces that …”? It’s time to move on to a more effective approach.
Writing content will be a breeze once you learn Ann Wylie’s structure. It’s been proven in the lab to increase reading, understanding, engagement, satisfaction and sharing.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Write leads reporters will want to steal — and readers will love.
- Increase reader engagement with better leads. Steal our four great email leads to try.
- Avoid turning readers away. Learn four bad leads to stay away from.
- Steal a trick from The New York Times: Trade in your bloated fact pack for snappy synthesis leads.
- Build a better lead with our fill-in-the-blanks approach.
- Utilize our checklist of three effective elements of a great lead.
Accreditation InformationParticipants with the APR credential earn 0.5 CEUs for a webinar.