Writing for the News in 2021
The AP Stylebook has been the leading reference for public-facing corporate communications since 1953. It offers professional guidelines on grammar, punctuation, definitions, rules for usage, styles for capitalization, abbreviation, spelling and numerals.
In this 60-minute webinar, Colleen Newvine, product manager for the AP Stylebook, will take you through the essential writing rules for PR professionals including:
- The top 10 AP style updates for 2021.
- Classic AP style rules that haven’t changed.
- Mistakes you may be making in press releases.
- How to apply AP grammar and punctuation styles to your work.
- How and why AP editors make changes to Stylebook entries.
- Why you should care about what’s changing.
- Your questions!
You’ll take away an understanding of the latest updates along with how and why AP editors make changes to its Stylebook.