PRSA Welcomes 17 New Members into Its College of Fellows in 2022
Jul. 13, 2022
NEW YORK, July 13, 2022 – PRSA, the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community, announced today the election of 17 new members into the College of Fellows, comprised of more than 700 leading professionals and educators, each of whom has left a significant footprint on the public relations profession.
“I thank these members for their generous contributions to the communications profession,” said Dr. Felicia Blow, APR, 2022 PRSA Chair. “The process is rigorous for College of Fellows applicants, and I commend each of them for their superior efforts in attaining this achievement. I extend a hearty congratulations to the Class of 2022 for their inspiring service, leadership and commitment to our industry and their fellow communicators.”
The 2022 inductees are:
- Ellen Averill, APR, Fellow PRSA, Vice President Communications & Strategy, Tulsa Zoo Management, Inc.; Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Sandra R. Brodnicki, APR, Fellow PRSA, Partner, The S & G Group; Arlington, Texas
- Jeremy C. Burton, APR, Fellow PRSA, Vice President for Connection, The Voice of the Martyrs; Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- Clark P. Dumont, M.S., APR, Fellow PRSA, Principal & Counselor, Dumont Communications; Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jamie D. Floer, APR, Fellow PRSA, Communications Manager, Toho Water Authority; Kissimmee, Florida
- Kelly C. Gaggin, PhD, APR, Fellow PRSA, Assistant Teaching Professor, Syracuse University; Fayetteville, New York
- Lauren Green-Caldwell, APR, Fellow PRSA, Vice President Communications, CCMO, National Jewish Health; Denver, Colorado
- J. Elyse Hammett, APR, Fellow PRSA, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta; Atlanta, Georgia
- Wendy Shill Kurtz, APR, Fellow PRSA, Founder and President, Elizabeth Charles & Associates, LLC; Winter Garden, Florida
- Kena L. Lewis, APR, Fellow PRSA, Senior Director, Public Affairs & Media Relations, Orlando Health; Orlando, Florida
- Debra Peterson, APR, Fellow PRSA, President, Comm365; Overland Park, Kansas
- Sally Ridenour, APR, Fellow PRSA, Chief Content Strategist, Oregon Department of Transportation; Salem, Oregon
- Tracy Schario, APR, Fellow PRSA, Senior Manager and Department Head, External Communications, MITRE; White Stone, Virginia
- Bey-Ling Sha, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, Dean, College of Communications, California State University, Fullerton; Fullerton, California
- Pamela Thompson, MBA, APR, Fellow PRSA, Manager of Internal Communications, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime; Wylie, Texas
- Laura Moore Van Hoosier, APR, Fellow PRSA, Assistant Vice President, Public Relations & Communications, Cook Children's Health Care System in Fort Worth, Texas; Grapevine, Texas
- Rebecca M. Villarreal, APR, Fellow PRSA, Executive Director of Communications, New Braunfels Independent School District; New Braunfels, Texas
The College of Fellows Class of 2022 will be honored during a virtual celebration on Sunday, November 6, and Inducted at the College of Fellows Induction Celebration at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center on Saturday, November 12.
Members of the College of Fellows serve in PRSA Chapter, District, Professional Interest Sections and National leadership positions. To qualify for admittance, the communications professional must be a current PRSA member, have at least 20 years of PR and communications experience, hold the Accredited in Public Relations (APR) credential and have demonstrated superior professional performance in the practice/teaching of public relations.
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) empowers its members to succeed at every stage of their careers through a wide breadth of professional development, networking and leadership opportunities. Guided by its Code of Ethics, PRSA is collectively represented by 110 Chapters and 14 Professional Interest Sections, as well as on nearly 375 college and university campuses in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Argentina, Colombia and Peru through its student organization, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). PRSA’s signature events include the Anvil Awards and ICON, the premier annual gathering for communications professionals and students. For more information, visit www.prsa.org.
# # #
Chief Communications Officer
Director, Content and Integrated Communications