PRSA Announces 2022 Board Nominees
PRSA has announced the officer and director nominees for its 2022 Board of Directors.
The 2022 nominees for officer positions are: Chair-elect, Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, chief communications officer, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, Anchorage, Alaska; Treasurer, Joseph Abreu, APR, chief communications officer, Clerk of Courts, Lee County, Fort Myers, Fla.; Secretary, Jane N. Law, APR, Internal/HR Communications Manager, New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority, Bedford, N.H.
Current Chair-elect Felicia Blow, Ph.D., APR, associate vice president for development & campaign director, Hampton University, was confirmed as the 2022 PRSA Chair at the PRSA Leadership Assembly in 2020. Current PRSA Chair Michelle Olson, APR, managing partner, Lambert, will serve as Immediate Past Chair in 2022.
For the past 15 years, Egan has served in a variety of key leadership roles for PRSA, most recently as Treasurer on the 2020 and 2021 Board of Directors. She was president of the Alaska Chapter in 2016, and has chaired committees on programs, education, ethics and Accreditation. As professional adviser for the University of Alaska PRSSA Chapter, she has helped students grow into successful PR practitioners.
The PRSA Nominating Committee also announced their selections for the open director positions for the 2022 Board. They are:
• Midwest District: Jacqueline Clark, MPA, APR, Fellow PRSA, west regional government relations & public affairs, LafargeHolcim, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
• Southwest District: Heide Harrell, APR, director of marketing and business development, Rose Law Firm, Little Rock, Ark.
• Southeast District: Jessica Graham, APR, Fellow PRSA, president, Fionix Consulting LLC, Indian Trail, N.C.
• Sunshine District: Angela Walters Eveillard, MBA, APR, director of marketing and strategic communications, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Fla.
• North Pacific District: Karen KC Crabtree, APR, senior manager, global public relations, Bluetooth SIG, Greater Seattle Area
• Director At-Large: David Marshall, Ph.D., APR, full professor and chair, the Department of Strategic Communication, Morgan State University, Baltimore
Article VIII, Section 5 of the PRSA Bylaws provides: Nominations may also be made by petition by at least 10 Leadership Assembly delegates and filed with the Secretary of the Society at PRSA Headquarters at least 30 days prior to the annual meeting of the Leadership Assembly. All petitions must be submitted by Sept. 16 for consideration. Immediately upon receipt of any such nominations, the Secretary shall send a notice of such nominations to all members.
Delegates of the membership will vote on the nominees and any petitioning candidates at the virtual annual PRSA Leadership Assembly on Oct. 16.
Have You Updated Your Member Profile?
In an ongoing effort to improve member value, PRSA recently updated its member profile attributes. The goal is to understand more about you and your needs as PR professionals.
Please visit your member profile and answer the new, more comprehensive questions, as well as review your contact information, title and organization details. If possible, provide an optional second email.
Even if you have completed this information in the past, we strongly encourage you to update your profile based on the new and more inclusive categories provided. Doing so will help us help you through a better understanding of the PRSA membership. More robust information will also facilitate the design of solutions and opportunities to help you achieve all that you aspire to in your professional life.
Take Advantage of These Member Savings
Ace Hardware is now included in the lineup of leading companies like Avis, Budget, Office Depot, 1-800-Flowers, 4imprint and others that offer special discount opportunities to PRSA members. Check out the many discounts available at the PRSA Member Savings Center.