Showcasing the Power of 'Influence' at ICON 2022
Communications professionals and students from around the world convened at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas, on Nov. 13-15 for ICON 2022.
The Conference, titled “The Power of Influence,” featured an innovative lineup of keynote speakers, breakout sessions and networking opportunities. This was PRSA’s first in-person International Conference since October 2019.
The General Sessions featured Academy-Award-winning actress Marlee Matlin, author and journalist Katty Kay, Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Emmitt Smith, and military leaders representing the world’s largest employers, Amazon and the Department of Defense.
There were ample social and networking opportunities, including the opening night reception, themed “Diamonds and Denim,” which also served as a commemoration of PRSA’s 75th anniversary, as well as the D&I Celebration Reception.
Attendees had the opportunity to enhance their perspectives and skill sets with communications leaders from Amazon, the Conference Board, GLAAD, IBM, JCPenney and UCLA, as well as renew old friendships, make new contacts and meet representatives from leading industry service providers.
Visit the PRsay blog to read our ICON recaps:
- Katty Kay on the Key to Confidence
- NFL Great Emmitt Smith on Success on and off the Field
- Marlee Matlin on Learning to Dream Big
- How DE&I Helps Optimize Talent and Build Teams for the U.S. Military
- How Amazon Engages Employees Through Powerful Storytelling
- S&T Live Recap: JCPenney’s Michelle Sing on Leadership and Finding Your Wings