Moving Veterans Forward Initiative
A PRSA Initiative Supported by Bell, Raytheon, ScoutComms and WVU
You are our heroes that have kept us safe and secure. Welcome home! Now let’s get you on the road to finding a job. If you are a veteran with public affairs skills transitioning from the military to a civilian role or a military spouse, PRSA wants to help support your transition and give you the best career tools possible.
In our partnership with Bell, Raytheon, ScoutComms and WVU, we are proud to offer Free National membership to responding qualified public affairs professionals transitioning from the military to the civilian workforce.
Qualifying veterans or spouses will have the following:
- Military Public Affairs personnel are eligible to apply for the program any time during the period twelve months prior to separation or retirement and six months following separation or retirement.
- All members must separate/retire from the Armed Services under Honorable conditions (includes Medical Discharge).
- A military spouse with PR & Communications experience whose partner is in the military.
- Candidates must meet the following professional and educational criteria:
- Must have served in a communication capacity for at least twelve months.
- Applicants must provide evidence of separation/retirement (DD-214) or intent to separate/retire (official separation/retirement request).
Learn more about the Moving Veterans Forward program by contacting John Kesaris or call (212) 460-1406