Moving Veterans Forward Initiative
A PRSA Initiative Supported by Bell, Raytheon and ScoutComms
You are our heroes that have kept us safe and secure. Welcome home! Now let’s get you on the road to finding a job. If you are a veteran with public affairs skills transitioning from the military to a civilian role, PRSA wants to help support your transition and give you the best career tools possible.
In our partnership with Bell, Raytheon and ScoutComms, we are proud to offer Free National membership to responding qualified public affairs professionals transitioning from the military to the civilian workforce.
Qualifying veterans will have the following:
- Military Public Affairs personnel are eligible to apply for the program any time during the period twelve months prior to separation or retirement and six months following separation or retirement.
- All members must separate/retire from the Armed Services under Honorable conditions (includes Medical Discharge).
- Candidates must meet the following professional and educational criteria:
- Must have served in a public affairs capacity for the previous 36 months.
- Must have graduated from a basic journalism or broadcasting course, or the Public Affairs Officer Course, at the Defense Information School.
- All applicants must provide evidence of separation/retirement (DD-214) or intent to separate/retire (official separation/retirement request).
- Must currently hold an officer or enlisted Public Affairs classification (i.e., AFSC, MOS, Rating).
Learn more about the Moving Veterans Forward program by contacting John Kesaris or call (212) 460-1406