PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
- May 22-June 26: Digital Communication Certificate Program
This live, online, six-session program will equip management-level communicators with best practices within digital content strategy, personas, digital storytelling, writing for SEO and the web, digital innovation and the measurement of digital communication.
- Aug. 14-Sept. 18: Integrated Communication Certificate Program
This live, online, six-session program builds an advanced approach to integrated marketing communications that is specifically built for today’s communication professional. Strategic integrated communication can help organizations streamline their efforts and significantly boost results by focusing on synergy, alignment and measurement. The Integrated Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices within integrated marketing concepts for specific audiences in order to develop integrated strategies and tactics that work together to boost results and effectively manage your work in a planned, synchronous fashion.
- Oct. 30-Dec. 11: Crisis Communication Certificate Program
This live, online, six-session program has been re-developed to provide more education and understanding surrounding crisis communication. The Crisis Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices in industry perspectives by sharing resources and ideas and working through various crises.
- June 13-14: PR Strategy: Build Your Strategic, Behavioral and Measurable PR Plan, Boston
- June 18-19: Communication Research and Measurement Master Class, Chicago
- July 18-19: Crisis Communication Master Class, Seattle
- Sept. 13: When to Use Videos — and Learn How To Make Them Yourself, New York
- Sept. 19-20: Workshop, Secrets of Media Relations Masters: Discover How to Craft the Perfect Pitch and Get Placements Without Pitching, Presented by Michael Smart
- On-Demand: How the PESO Model Changes the Conversation for Communicators
The PESO model takes the four media types — paid, earned, shared and owned — and merges them together for an integrated — and measurable — communications program. Most of the industry had adopted the model, but not many truly know how it all works together and drives business results. Join Gini Dietrich, the founder and author of “Spin Sucks” and creator of the PESO model, to learn how to implement it within your organization.
- On-Demand: Crisis Communication Certificate Program
Effective crisis communication can help organizations maintain trust, inspire consumer confidence and build competitive advantage. Recent poorly handled crises in business, government and nonprofits show how ineffective crisis communication can set an organization back significantly. Designed as an on-demand, certificate of completion program, the Crisis Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices in industry perspectives by sharing resources and ideas, and working through various crises.
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
- On-Demand: Reputation Management Certificate Program
This on-demand, professional development offering is designed as a certificate-of-completion program to equip management-level communicators with a solid perspective of best practices and resources to meet the changing expectations of senior management for Reputation Leadership.
- On-Demand: Measurement and Analytics Communication Certificate Program
The Measurement and Analytics Certificate Program goes well beyond simply measuring the effectiveness of communication. You will learn how to build research into the beginning of your communication planning process in ways that are fast, easy and inexpensive. At the end of resource-intensive communication campaigns that involve audience behavior changes, you’ll be able to calculate the marginal ROI on your organization’s communication investment. Throughout the program, you’ll be learning skills you can start applying to your work immediately, resulting in a skills-based certificate of completion when you’re finished.
- Oct. 20–22: PRSA 2019 International Conference, San Diego
At this time, we’re busy planning PRSA’s 2019 International Conference, scheduled for sunny San Diego on Oct. 20-22.
Save $100 — Register by Sept. 13, 2019!
Section Conferences (Industry-Specific Events)
- June 16–19: Travel and Tourism 2019 Conference, Philadelphia
- June 27–28: Corporate Communications 2019 Conference, New York
- July 25–26: New Professionals Summit, #CareersinPRogress, Washington, D.C.
Saver Rate expires July 11—Register here!
- Aug. 5–6: Counselors to Higher Education Forum, Denver
Early Bird Rate expires July 31—Register here!
- Sept. 5: New Professionals Summit, #CareersinPRogress, Chicago
Saver Rate expires Aug. 22—Register here!
- Oct. 19: Association/Nonprofit 2019 Conference, San Diego
Saver Rate expires Sept. 13—Register here!
- The Definitive Guide to PR Writing (package), Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- The Definitive Guide to Writing Like a Journalist Without Having to Be One: Get More Placements, Page Views and Shares by Showing Up the Smart Way
- How to Write News Releases Management Will Love and No Editor Can Ignore
- Polishing for PR Perfection: Master Proofreading Principles and Grammar for Boosting Your Credibility and Results
- PR Writing Mastery: How to Set Your PR Writing Apart From Everyone Else and Maximize Your Impact
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
- June 13: Webinar, Taking Financial Education From a “Good Thing to Do” Into a Full Business Model, hosted by PRSA’s Financial Communications Section for all PRSA members
- Aug. 29: How You MUST Adapt Your Media Relations to Survive and Thrive. Presented by Michael Smart
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
- July 25–27: PRSA Sunshine District, Tampa, Fla.
Chapter Events (Local Events)
Looking for Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
- June 19: Webinar, 2019 AP Stylebook, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- June 21: Virtual Summit, The 2019 Infographics Storytelling Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- June 28: Webinar, Editors Pitch Tank Webinar, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- July 18: Virtual Summit, The 2019 Video Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- July 24–26: Workshop, Reach Readers Online, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland
- July 30–Aug. 1: Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Summit at Facebook, Menlo Park, Calif.
- Sept. 17–18: Workshop, Write Better, Easier & Faster, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New York
- Sept. 19-20: Brand Storytelling Conference at Disneyland, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Anaheim, Calif.
- Sept. 26–27: Conference, 2019 Leadership and Executive Communications Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Oct. 2–4: Employee Communications, PR and Social Media Summit at Microsoft, Redmond, Wash.
- Nov. 13–14: Workshop, Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New Orleans