PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
- April 4-May 9, 2019: Executive Communication Online Series.
This live, online, six-session program is designed to help communication professionals obtain the strategic knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to develop successful, quantifiable business outcomes. It will air on consecutive Thursdays from noon to 1:15 p.m. EDT. The six sessions are:
- Research and Planning
- Implementation and Evaluation
- Managing PR and Communication Issues
- Leading PR and Communication Function
- Managing Relationships
- Applying Ethics and Law
- May 22-June 26: Digital Communication Certificate Program
This live, online, six-session program will equip management-level communicators with best practices within digital content strategy, personas, digital storytelling, writing for SEO and the web, digital innovation and the measurement of digital communication.
- March 21-22, 2019: Secrets of Media Relations Masters, Michael Smart, Atlanta
Join media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents a two-day event designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. You can register for both days or attend on either day one or day two.
- Day 1: Placements Without Pitching – Building Media Relationships
- Day 2: Crafting the Perfect Pitch – Boost Your Placements With Proven Formulas for Success
- April 10-12: APR Boot Camp, Harrisburg, Pa.
- May 2-3, PR Boot Camp, Washington, D.C. area
- May 10: Emotional Intelligence: The Next Frontier for Communication Leaders, Los Angeles
- May 16: Maximize Owned and Earned Media to Garner (Real) Results, Chicago
- On-Demand: Crisis Communication Certificate Program
Effective crisis communication can help organizations maintain trust, inspire consumer confidence and build competitive advantage. Recent poorly handled crises in business, government and nonprofits show how ineffective crisis communication can set an organization back significantly. Designed as an on-demand, certificate of completion program, the Crisis Communication Certificate Program will equip management-level communicators with best practices in industry perspectives by sharing resources and ideas, and working through various crises.
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
- On-Demand: Reputation Management Certificate Program
This on-demand, professional development offering is designed as a certificate-of-completion program to equip management-level communicators with a solid perspective of best practices and resources to meet the changing expectations of senior management for Reputation Leadership.
- Oct. 20–22, 2019: PRSA 2019 International Conference, San Diego
At this time, we’re busy planning PRSA’s 2019 International Conference, scheduled for sunny San Diego on Oct. 20-22. Save $300 by registering by March 1, 2019!
Section Conferences (Industry-Specific Events)
- April 10–12, 2019: Counselors to Higher Education (CHE) 2019 Senior Summit, Washington, D.C.
- April 24–26: Health Academy 2019 Conference, Phoenix
- May 5–7: Counselors Academy 2019 Conference, St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- May 15–17: Employee Communications Connect ’19 Conference, Phoenix
- June 6–8: Public Affairs and Government (PAG) 2019 Summit, Detroit
- June 16–19: Travel and Tourism 2019 Conference, Philadelphia
- June 27–28: Corporate Communications 2019 Conference, New York
- The Definitive Guide to PR Writing (package), Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- The Definitive Guide to Writing Like a Journalist Without Having to Be One: Get More Placements, Page Views and Shares by Showing Up the Smart Way
- How to Write News Releases Management Will Love and No Editor Can Ignore
- Polishing for PR Perfection: Master Proofreading Principles and Grammar for Boosting Your Credibility and Results
- PR Writing Mastery: How to Set Your PR Writing Apart From Everyone Else and Maximize Your Impact
- You can also purchase the modules individually:
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
- Feb. 26: Survival Planning: Busting Silos, Breaking Bad Habits and Embracing Your Heresy in Order to Return to Growth
- March 19: Ten Tech Tools to Make Your Life Easier
- March 21: Strategy, Statistics and Soul: How to Use Communications to Create Business Value and Impact Forever
- March 28: Ten Advanced Speaking Tips to Supercharge Your Next Presentation
- April 11: The Strategy Cascade: Harnessing the Power of Conversation
- Aug. 29: How You MUST Adapt Your Media Relations to Survive and Thrive. Presented by Michael Smart
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
- April 10–12: PRSA Western District, Phoenix
- April 24–26: PRSA Southwest District, Houston
- June 7: PRSA Northeast District, Providence, R.I.
- July 25–27: PRSA Sunshine District, Tampa, Fla.
Chapter Events (Local Events)
- Feb. 22: PRSA Georgia Chapter, PRSA Georgia 2019 Annual Conference, Atlanta
- April 25: PRSA Charlotte Chapter, PRSA Charlotte Communications Symposium, Charlotte, N.C.
Looking for more Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
- Feb. 28: Webinar, Grammar Girl’s Guide to AP Style Webinar, Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- March 6-8: Conference, Social Media Conference for PR, Marketing and Corporate Communications at Walt Disney World® Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- March 13-15: Conference, 2019 Speechwriters and Executive Communicators Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Washington, D.C.
- April 10–11: Workshop, Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Charleston, S.C.
- April 16–18: PR & Media Relations Conference at PayPal, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, New York
- May 10: Webcast, Crisis Communications Conference. Presented by PRSA and Ragan
- June 4–5: Workshop, Write for Readability, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Minneapolis
- July 24–26: Workshop, Reach Readers Online, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland
- Sept. 17–18: Workshop, Write Better, Easier & Faster, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New York
- Nov. 13–14: Workshop, Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New Orleans