PRSA is the preeminent learning organization for PR and communication professionals and offers a wide variety of events, programs and webinars throughout the year.
Click here to view the calendar of events.
- March 22–23: Secrets of Media Relations Masters, Michael Smart, Chicago
Join media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents a two-day event designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape.
- Day 1: Placements Without Pitching – Building Media Relationships
- Day 2: Crafting the Perfect Pitch – Boost Your Placements With Proven Formulas for Success
- March 28–29: PR Boot Camp, Robin Schell, APR, Fellow PRSA, San Francisco
Take a deep dive into the key aspects of the public relations profession. Whether you are a journalist, new graduate, transitioning from another field, new in your position or wanting to learn more about public relations, this overview with Robin Schell, APR, Fellow PRSA, will provide you with the knowledge you need.
- April 4–6: APR Boot Camp, Harrisburg, Pa.
The APR Boot Camp is a three-day intensive course for candidates to prepare for and be Advanced through the Panel Presentation™, and take the computer-based Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication (APR+M). This course is designed to provide a setting that will meet the needs of busy professionals whose schedules don’t permit extensive preparation time.
Case in Point
- April 4: Content Marketing: How Cleveland Clinic Turns Healthcare News Into Compelling Stories
Learn how the Cleveland Clinic integrates news, and health, wellness and medical innovation stories to create one of the nation’s top healthcare portals. “Health Essentials” has more than 5 million monthly visitors, and its impressive social media following includes more than 2 million Facebook fans and 1.4 million Twitter followers. Sponsored by ContentOro
Section Events (Industry Specific Events)
- April 11–13: Counselors to Higher Education (CHE) Senior Summit, Nashville, Tenn.
- Register by March 8 to save $100
- April 25–27: Health Academy Conference, Washington D.C.
- Register by April 3 to save $100
- May 6–8: Counselors Academy Conference, Toronto
- Register by April 5 to save $100
- May 16–18: Employee Communications Connect 18 Conference, Nashville, Tenn.
- Register by April 20 to save $100
- June 3–6: Travel & Tourism Conference, New Orleans
- Register by April 17 to save $100
- June 14–16: Public Affairs and Government (PAG) Summit, Kansas City, Mo.
- Register by May 24 to save $100
- June 21–22: Corporate Communications Conference, New York
- Register by May 29 to save $100
- Oct. 6: Association⁄Nonprofit Conference, Austin, Texas
- Oct. 6: Educators Academy Super Saturday, Austin, Texas
2018 District Conferences (Regional Events)
- March 7–9: Southwest District Conference, Albuquerque, N.M.
- April 12–13: Western District Conference, Denver
- April 18–20: Southeast District Conference, Raleigh, N.C.
- April 22–24: North Pacific District Conference, Seattle
- June 1: Northeast District Conference, Buffalo, N.Y.
- July 12–14: Sunshine District Conference, Jupiter, Fla.
- On-Demand: Communicating to Manage Performance Certificate Program
The Communicating to Manage Performance (CMP) Certificate Program is a dynamic skills-based certificate of completion course designed to empower managers, team leaders and supervisors to gain or enhance skills that will allow them to set expectations, provide clear and timely redirection of performance or behavior that is ineffective (or inappropriate) and value the unique contribution of each employee through proven listening and encouraging techniques. After taking this course, you will be armed with substantive tools to enhance your career and provide immediate application at work.
- Advanced PR Writing: Apply Creativity, Style and Voice for Greater Impact, Michael Smart, principal, MichaelSMARTPR
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations: Online Study Course
- Crafting the Perfect Pitch, Michael Smart
- Creating Effective Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris, owner, Wax Marketing; adjunct professor, Reed College of Media, West Virginia University
- Creating Integrated Communications Campaigns, Bonnie Harris
- PR Writing Essentials: Write Like a Journalist for Greater Media Placement & Audience Engagement, Michael Smart
- Press Releases: Woo Editors and Wow the Public in the Digital Age, Michael Smart
- Proofing and Grammar for PR: Master Proofreading Principles & Grammar for Maximum Credibility, Michael Smart
- Writing Skills to Increase PR Reach and Results, Michael Smart
Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
- Jan. 25: How to Be a More Effective PRSSA Adviser
- Jan. 30: How to Develop the Mindset of a Futurist
- Feb. 6: New Rules for Media Pitching in 2018
- Feb. 15: Modern Ghostwriting: Helping Senior Leaders Create Authentic Communication
- March 13: Managing Your Professional Image
- March 15: Readability and Reputation
- March 20: The Science of Communication: How to Read Your Customer’s Mind
- April 12: Communicating Cause: Five Things We Get Wrong in Social Cause Communication
- April 19: Telling the Story With Your Data: Making the Case to the Boss
- April 24: Secrets of the PR Startup: Lessons From the First Three Years in Business
- May 1: In the Wake of Tragedy: Best Practices From Orlando’s Nightclub Shooting
- May 17: Reading, Writing and ROI
- May 22: Responding to Controversial External Social Events
- June 5: Make Video Work For You
- June 7: Trending Technology Tactics for the Communications Professional
- June 19: Supercharge Your PR Writing for Better Results
- July 17: Turn on Your Idea Machine
- July 19: Writing Boot Camp
- Sept. 4: Timely Talent Training & Talk
- Sept. 20: Get Opened, Clicked, Read & Shared
- Nov. 6: Get More Media Coverage: Quick Changes to Outreach That Yield Big Results
- Nov. 15: Master the Art of the Storyteller
- Dec. 11: Elevate the Quality of Your Performance
Click here to view an extensive library of on-demand webinars.
Professional Interest Section Webinars (Free to PRSA Members)
Chapter Events (Local Events)
- Jan. 23: Southeastern New England Chapter, Meet the Women in R.I. Media + Annual Meeting, Providence, R.I.
- Jan. 31: Rochester Chapter, PRism Brown Bag, Rochester, N.Y.
- Feb. 7: Houston Chapter, Building A Business By Serving A Community – How Mattress Mack Became A Cultural Icon in Houston, Houston
- Feb. 22: Buffalo Niagara Chapter, Buffalo Reborn: Promoting a City Transformed, Buffalo, N.Y.
Looking for more Chapter events? Click here to find your local Chapter.
2018 International Conference
- Oct. 7–9: International Conference, Austin, Texas
The International Conference is headed to the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin, TX! Join us for the PRSA 2018 International Conference, taking place Oct. 7-9, 2018 at the JW Marriott Austin.
Saver Rate Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Feb. 2: Video and Visual Strategy Virtual Summit, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Online
- Feb. 6–7: Do-It-All Communicator Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Miami
- Feb. 6–7: Get Clicked, Read, Shared, & Liked, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Los Angeles
- Feb. 20–21: Measurement for Communicators Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, San Diego
- March 2: Next-generation infographics that pop, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Online
- March 7–9: 30th Speechwriters and Executive Communicators Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Washington, D.C.
- March 14–16: Social Media Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, Orlando, Fla.
- April 3–5: PR & Media Relations Conference, Presented by PRSA and Ragan, New York
- April 17–18: Cut Through the Clutter, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, New York
- May 1–2: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Denver
- June 12–13: Writing for The Web and Mobile, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Chicago
- July 25–26: Master the Art of the Storyteller, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Portland, Ore.
- Sept. 6–7: Not Your Father’s News Release, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Atlanta
- Oct. 2–3: Catch Your Readers, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Dallas
- Nov. 7–8: Think Inside the Inbox: Get Opened, Read & Clicked Through, Presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie, Washington, D.C.